Drag Drop Page Builder supported

Hi,
I am building a multisite ecommerce service using the Pro Sites, Market Press and Domain Mapping plugin.
I am trying to create custom theme page and offer them as premium plugin within my multisite users.
I have tried your Upfront tool but would like to try another tool. Can you let me know if the following page builders will be compatible with my setup:
1. LayersPro (https://www.layerswp.com/layers-pro/)
2. Visual Composer (https://codecanyon.net/item/visual-composer-page-builder-for-wordpress/242431)

As both of these plugin don't have a free download test version, I cannot verify if they will work.
Or alternatively if I can create my own Custom Themes files running these tools on another WP install, export it as a Plugin and transfer those Plugin back to my WPMUdev server?

Regards,
Chee

Tyler Postle

Hey KC,

So are you wanting users to be able to keep the theme they have, and then allow custom page templates through the "plugins"? Or are you wanting to allow access to the builder altogether with the new templates.

If it's the latter then you could pre-create the templates within Visual Composer and use New Blog Templates for the newly created sites so it includes Visual Composer already set up(not activated) and once they upgrade they can activate Visual Composer with the templates you've already set up in it.

As far as packaging templates as plugins, I'm sure if that would work with either plugin you would want to contact their support teams to be sure before signing up.

Any further questions on that or if I'm misunderstanding just let me know

Cheers,
    Tyler

KC

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the reply.
    May I check with you or anyone from your team has direct experience with Visual Composer? I was trying to contact them but they don't provide any email for general enquiry.
    Just want to make sure that the Visual Composer plugin will install properly into my service.
    I tried the Layers builder, but their plugin failed to install using the Upload Plugin method.

Regards,
    Chee

Tyler Postle

Hey Chee,

Can you provide some more information on what exactly you're envisioning here?

If you could also answer this question from above too:

So are you wanting users to be able to keep the theme they have, and then allow custom page templates through the "plugins"? Or are you wanting to allow access to the builder altogether with the new templates.

I'll ask around the team and may be able to get a copy so I can test it for ya too but just want to make sure I understand what you're wanting here.

Cheers,
    Tyler

KC

Hi Tyler,

Thank you again for the reply.

Actually I am trying to provide 2 functions:

1. I will upload pre-create Themes and activated them for Multisite Shop Owners to select to use in their Shop (using their own private domain via Domain Mapping). The can start using the default template background images or change by uploading their Shop background photo, shop profiles and product details.

2. I also want to give them the tool to make adjustments on their own needs. This is only available to Shops that are subscribed to our paid plans via Prosites setting.

Thanks
    KC

Tyler Postle

Hey KC,

I wasn't able to get my hands on a copy of Visual Composer; however, been looking more into this:

1. I will upload pre-create Themes and activated them for Multisite Shop Owners to select to use in their Shop (using their own private domain via Domain Mapping). The can start using the default template background images or change by uploading their Shop background photo, shop profiles and product details.

It looks like Visual Composer saves it's settings within the database, including templates. So it's not as simple as adding a file to a child theme and then enabling that theme for a subsite.

The easiest way, would be to pre-create the themes and then use our New Blog Templates plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

That way you can save the pre-created themes as "blog templates" and your users can select one during sign up. Keep in mind, the blog templates can only be applied during sign up. So they can't select a different template later on, but the nice thing about Visual Composer is that it can be used with any theme so even if they did switch to a different theme then the Visual Composer templates that you setup for them will still be there.

You can set these sites up with placeholder images/content or whatever you like then they can change it as needed.

2. I also want to give them the tool to make adjustments on their own needs. This is only available to Shops that are subscribed to our paid plans via Prosites setting.

This will be a little more difficult because you need to have Visual Composer active in order for them to use the Visual Composer templates that you make for them, otherwise they will only have their theme and non of the special templates you made with VC.

So you need to restrict permissions to use the page builder. It has a built in user role management feature for this: https://vc.wpbakery.com/video-academy/control-user-group-access-visual-composer-wordpress/

There is so integration between that and Pro Sites though.

What you could do is by default in the New Blog Templates have it so they aren't able to change anything and then when they upgrade to Shop level you can manually change that for them.

Doing it Programmatically on upgrade would require custom development.

Let me know if you have further questions on this.

Cheers,
    Tyler