Drag-drop variations does not retain order when saving

When I access my product attributes under settings, if I drag and drop my variations to put them in a custom order, they revert back to the original order upon saving. I have to play games with moving them one at a time which is hit-or-miss.

I deleted the attribute and added a new one and added all variations in the natural order. The first variation was not saved, all others were. Now that I added the first variation again, it will not let me reorder it to the top. Very frustrating that MarketPress has become so buggy and unreliable! It used to be my workhorse and very easy to deploy.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello mike_desalvio,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tested this on my site with Twenty Sixteen theme under Firefox browser and I wasn't able to replicate the issue. Order of the variations (attribute options) was saved properly each time I tried it. I'd like to make sure though that you did switch "Sort By" option to "Custom".

It's easy to miss and I think it may not be well documented but only this option will let you use fully custom sort order (see screenshot please).

If it's not a case, could you please let me know what theme are you using and with what browser(s) did you tried that? Ideally, I'd like to take a closer look and try it myself so if you don't mind that then please:

- grant me a support access to the site as described here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

- let me know which attribute I could safely check (apart from the one that I would create myself)

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.