Drip content notification hook and expire dripped content

I am looking for a way to email a notification when new dripped content is released. Seem counter intuitive to allow content to be dripped but not tell the user new content is available. Is there a hook that fires when new content is available?

Also, how can I have dripped content expire. So, it become available and then after x days/weeks/months/years it isn't anymore?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello fonderco,

Is there a hook that fires when new content is available?

I would need to double check that with developer, but from what I see the actual checking happens when a page is requested and at that point the plugin runs a validation to check against dripped content. This is handled by the MS_Rule class through the controller in this file

wp-content/plugins/membership/app/controller/class-ms-controller-rule.php

So there would be no hook for that - but I will ask dev to be 100% and let you know.

Also, how can I have dripped content expire. So, it become available and then after x days/weeks/months/years it isn't anymore?

I'm afraid there is no feature like that at the moment in Membership 2 Pro. I can check also this with developer if there is way to setup that with custom code.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Panos

Hi fonderco ,

It's not as simple as it sounds to send this sort of notifications I'm afraid. Main reason is that hosts usually have limits on mass emails. However I have attempted to write a custom mu-plugin that does that, you can download it from here: https://gist.github.com/panoslyrakis/df0ea026e643c718df5df21348ac282b

It limits the number of emails to send to 50 per hour, but you can change that at line 47 by changing number 50 to your desired number.

After you do your changes you can upload it to your wp-contnet/mu-plugins folder ( if it doesn't exist you can simply create a new folder and name it mu-plugins ).

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.