Drip feed content - instructions don't reflect the plugin

Hi,

I'm attempting to follow this instruction:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/

I'm at the point of trying to setup shortcode protection and yet there is no Membership > Edit Options - scroll down to Shortcode Protection Content. I've navigated to the Membership Options - Content Protection options but I cannot find anywhere where to put int he Shortcodes?

The first box is a protected content message, the second - Admin only shortcodes, and the last is the More Tag Default content.

Strangely the very first box says "Shortcode protection content" and mentions "You can protect parts of a post or pages content by enclosing it in workdpress shortcodes. Each level you create has it's own shortcode." (BTW the "it's" should be just "its"). But it doesn't have a box to put the shortcodes in as per the instructions.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Vanessa,

Hope you are well today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, that guide is a little bit old now so some of the content is out of date. The protected shortcodes are now automatically created for each access level. If you go to your Membership > Access Level page then you will see all the shortcodes on the far right, I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

If at any point you're unsure about a feature in Membership it's a good idea to check out the PDF guide. It is very thorough! https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Membership-Manual3450.pdf and of course, you always ask us too :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Vanessa,

Appreciate the feedback on the PDF guide there, perhaps drip feeding is something we should make more clear in it :slight_smile:

I already have just two levels, but want to actually drip feed the content over 9 weeks. So should I create 9 different levels?

If you are making new content available each week then yes you will need 9 different levels, 1 for each week. Then you put them all into the same subscription plan one after the other.

I have attached a screenshot example to show you. You will want to make sure that the access levels in the subscription are set to "Finite". Also, if you want the user to still be able to access the previous weeks content as they go through the dripfeed then make sure each consecutive access level includes access to the content from the level before it.

Hope that makes sense! Let us know if you still need further assistance here.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. my screenshot only has 2 levels, yours of course would have 9.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.