Dripfeed Membership2 Menu Set Time?

Hi, I'm wanting to show the dripfeed capabilities of Membership2 to my client, but can't find any information anywhere on how to dripfeed menu so week2 doesn't appear until the Page is visible.

The only info seems to be in this old post for Membership. Please update some info for Membership2: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/

To explain a little more, I would like the Week 2 on the menu to not appear until Week 2 of the program, which should be possible and looks like it was in the original Membership plugin.

This is what I've done so far:

* Menu restricted: I have made the Week1 and Week2 menu items exclusive to the "Dripfeed Beginners" membership.

* Page restricted: Week 2 Page has been setup with "Dripfeed Beginners" membership to come in 1 Week after Week 1 Page.

Question: How do you make the Week 2 menu item not appear until the Week 2 Page is visible?

Or do you suggest another way of showing dripfeed conent menu structure?

Thanks

Daniel

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Daniel,

Hope you're well

Membership 2 is completely different plugin than original Membership plugin that was discontinued long time ago, and the blog post you linked above is actually for original Membership plugin and that's why you're not seeing these options anymore.

I'm afraid that M2 doesn't have the option to show menu items on different times, our developers are considering adding option to apply dripped option to menu items but at this time we don't have any ETA on this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Daniel

Thanks for your reply Predrag.

I had a very frustrating session with Ash this morning trying to figure out how to use Membership2, I was hoping you guys would know a little more about dripfeeding options or alternatives since losing so much functionality in Membership 2.

I have a solution which I'm surprised you guys didn't tell me about.

I've simply created multiple Dripfeed memberships Day 1 being finite for 1 day which upgrades to Day 2 (per day for now for testing).

I can then have the Day 1 menu item only appear for that session and after Day 1 upgrade them to Day 2 which will (hopefully tomorrow) show Day 2 on the menu and send them an email that they have been subscribed to that new membership with URL back to view the content.

As far as I can see, Day 1 membership doesn't have to be cancelled on upgrade.

I've also been able to create a Progress page just by putting the Content Protect for each of those memberships.

So big question for this to work is notification of new content by email

EMAIL SEND QUESTION: what i didn't get was an email when I subscribed new person to the Day 1 membership which I have setup as a custom email.
    I've got SMTP setup and working on my site.

Anything particular I need to do to test that out?

I hope this post is useful to others trying something like this

Many thanks

Daniel

• Dimitris

Hey there Daniel,

hope you're doing good and don't mind me chiming in here!

I'm really sorry for the frustration here, the fact that this old post was still accessible was kind of faulty so that's why we removed it already and redirect it to a newer post introducing the latest v.2 of Membership plugin.

As far as I can see, Day 1 membership doesn't have to be cancelled on upgrade.

By default, one member can only have one active subscription, so if a user change membership level, then he's automatically removed from initial level.
    In case you want to provide multiple memberships, then there's an add-on called "Multiple Memberships"

As for the email issue, please first ensure that you've enabled the appropriate messages in Membership 2 -> Settings -> Automated Email Responses [sidemenu] (and also select to send these to the admin account)

If there's no email coming out, please try to apply the hotfix provided by the attached
    membership-2-automated-email-hot-fix.zip file.
    Simply download it, extract it locally, and upload the extracted .php file to your server to
    /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-communication.php
    Then try to recheck these automated emails once more.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Daniel

HI thanks for the information, I'm still unclear whether this is going to work for me or if I have to find another Membership Plugin.

I have multiple memberships add on switched on already and I want the user to be able to keep the previous membership, that's the only way to have the menu build and emails sent out per new membership.

I was told there is a bug though with this though, in that the membershhip upgrade is not happening, as I discovered and was in the other persons's post.

Can you tell me if I can offer this membership plugin to my client with the caveat that you are fixing the bug for upgrade, or should i give up on Membership2 and Upwork too, as together they are proving very time consuming and not funcitoning as expected.

Thanks for your time

Daniel

• Dimitris

Hey there Daniel,

hope you're doing good today!

It seems that there's some latest development considering the issue with membership upgrades and should be resolved in next release. I've already contacted our devs if they can provide any kind of hotfix that could be applied to latest release already.
    We'll keep you posted on this as soon as possible!

As for any other issues that you're dealing with, please create separate threads and we should be able to further assist you!

Meanwhile, I'm setting a test environment with some upgrade paths to further check this out.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris