drop-down menu for store

For some reason, the "Store" button on the man nav is not clickable, it only allows the dropdown choices.
Can this be corrected, and, can I add an option to the list?
http://www.pepperelly.com

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi tblue,

I'm wondering if that's how your theme handles menu items with sub-menus. That looks to possibly be the case. Can you try creating a sub-menu item underneath one of the other menu items to test that?

As for adding items under the Store menu itself, you'd have to hard-code that into the plugin itself, but wouldn't it work better for you to simply create a new menu item instead?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi tblue,

Similar to your previous question about the MarketPress navigation menu title, you'll find the link for the Products page on lines 1165 and 1173 of marketpress.php. The links read is as follows:
    mp_products_link(false, true)

You can change that to the store url with the following in replacement:
    mp_store_link(false, true)

Alternatively, you can comment out line 110 by adding // at the beginning of it, then creating your very own Store menu in replacement of that.

Or you could write a quick plugin or use a snippet in your theme's functions.php file to customize those items using the filter_list_pages filter. This method is best suited to developers but it's just another possible option.

Cheers,
    David

• tblue
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hmm...
    Not only are lines 1165 and 1173 different, when I found mp_products_link(false, true) elsewhere (2329, 2345) in the marketpress.php and changed them to mp_store_link(false, true) it did not link the sub-menu option "Products" to http://pepperelly.com/store/

In order to go around this problem originally, I had added the box graphic to the sidebar (Purchase Pepperelly) which takes you right to the /store/ page, but the client is not content with this and wants the main nav to link to http://pepperelly.com/store/ either on the main nav or in the dropdown where it says Products.

What am I missing??

• tblue

And the theme developer tells me that the menu system is the same in this theme as well as the other theme I am using with MP, where the "STORE" button is clickable (www.hickoryhillhearther.com), so it must be something with MP.

Thanks.

• tblue

For some reason, the marketpress,php I referenced above was doublescpaced and the line numbers didn't correspond to what you had instructed, I have now been able to make the changes on 1165 and 1173, but it didn't do anything. "Products" still links to "Products" on the dropdown menu. I just want it to go to STORE.

I know I have been so needy with this issue but can you please try to advise??!

Thanks you so much.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.