Dropbox upload continually 'pending'

Hello there

I've just installed snapshot on two sites

On the one with the latest version of dropbox, the snapshot was created correctly and although the plugin is nicely connected to dropbox... it is listed as permanently 'pending to dropbox'

I've been working on my site, so it's updating and working fine. The app/WPMU DEV Snapshot folder was created fine. But nothing else.

On my other site (madamletmetellyouonething.com) I am running a much older install 3.5.1 - and snapshot is also nicely connected to dropbox... but this time it tells me the snapshot IS loaded to dropbox (it isn't).

both sites create local snapshots easily and quickly and life is generally good other than they're not uploading to dropbox.

Rethinkcentral.com (the first site with the pending to dropbox) - is also 'pending to google drive'. but I'm more concerned by the dropbox issue to begin with.

I've read a chunk of advice in the forums and followed all the suggestions I've seen - increasing ram size (rethinkcentral is a tiny back up as it's a very new site with almost no data in it). I've checked connections and prodded my site so that cron's working a treat.

What should I try next?

cheers

liz

• Tyler Postle

Hey Liz,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just tested this on my own install and it sent it to dropbox successfully and does show up in there. How big is the snapshot you are trying to send?

Are you seeing any errors in the error log located:

/wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logs

There should be logs there for your snapshots. Let us know if you see any errors in them :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Granting support access could help speed things a lot too, we may need it and if you grant it now then we don't have to ask for it later one :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.