Duplicate ADD FRIEND buttons showing up...

Hi,

On the MEMBERS page, I'm seeing duplicate ADD FRIEND request buttons. I know this was addressed in support thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/bp-social-add-friend-showing-twice#post-63163 - but when I tried this fix recommend, it didn't work. I did and UNDO and republished the members-loop.php file.

So, at present it looks like the attached screenshot. I'm using the latest ver 1.3.3. Any recommendations anyone?

NOTE: THE 'Add Screenshot/File link failed to open a new browse window to get the image file, sorry.

Thanks,

Brian

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Brian,

Could I just confirm with you, to start with, that you're using BP Community Theme as opposed to BP Social? This thread has the BP Community Theme tagged and if you're using that theme, I believe that would be the reason the edit didn't work, as it's a different theme.

Also, if at all possible, could we get a link to take a look at the site?

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks for that topracer, I can see what you mean. I took a look through the members-loop.php and definitely couldn't see that extra button code there, so I'm not sure why that's happening.

I'll ask one of the theme developers to take a look at this.

Thanks for your patience!

-David

• topracer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm using version 1.2.8 - the latest version....

Would rather not mess with new/re-installs of BuddyPress....as this is on a live platform with paying clients. Any other suggestions? Doesn't sound like you know what the problem is......

• topracer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

1. OK, to be clear - you want me to copy the above mentioned folders/files - which are found in my folder located at:
    wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default

and pastem those into the PARENT or CHILD bp-community theme? Just in the root dir here, or in a sub folder?

2. You pulled out the 'ajax.php' file and the 'global.js' files - but by default if I'm copying the entire '_inc' folder...they along with the 'css' and 'images' folders also get copied ... am I missing something here?

3. What will these steps accomplish?

4. Any risk of breaking the website, or changing anything materially that I need to be aware of if we do the above steps? Again, this is a LIVE website...and I'm pretty new to this stuff - so I'm very conservative on these things.

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi topracer
    not the entire _inc folder..only the ajax.php and global.js inside the _inc folder.
    and the 2 folder i mention above.

no worry the ajax.php and global.js and the 2 buddypress component folder are by default so it won't cuase any break unless you made any earlier edits to above files.

i'll reckon backup the files first before any replacements.

ps
    all replacement should go to parent theme.

cheers

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi topracer,

Those adjustments Richie mentioned should take care of that particular version of WordPress/BP Community theme for you.

The latest WP update presents a few things to consider on that note as well though. We'll take a look with you on any such matters through a new thread if you have questions on that.

Also, let us know if your still have specifics questions on the items Richie mentioned here.

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.