Ultimate Facebook: Duplicate and triplicate comment import

See the comments on the link below as an example:
http://aquaviews.net/scuba-gear/openheel-fullfoot/

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @nbostic

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team. Hope you're well.

I had a look at your site (very good by the way) and saw the duplicated comments. I posted a comment myself via Facebook to see if I would get a duplicate post, but I believe the comments are moderated, so I will wait to see if it duplicate after you approved my post.

I found that there are various other plugins also working on that page, so I'm wondering if it could be a plugin conflict, however, because not all the posts are duplicated it seems a bit strange to me. Have you noticed it on any other pages?

I will wait until you've approved my post and then we see what happens. I will inform the Developer about this as well so we can get his feedback.

Have a good day and talk soon!

Gina

Hope my response is helpful. Appreciate a thumbs up if it is. If it's not, please let me know how I can serve you better.

• nbostic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Your comment was approved. The repeat comments appear to come from posts on the Facebook Page which are imported via the Ultimate Facebook plugin. I've done a few tests where all other plugins are disabled (can't test too long unfortunately since it's a very active site) and it still happens. It happens sporadically, not every article, but every once in a while I'll see it happen.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Since you have both Ultimate Facebook with comments import and Comments Plus plugin active, let's try to first see if the duplicate comments possibly come from the common source. Do they all originate from your Facebook page, or from your comments box? Or is it perhaps a combination of both?

When Ultimate Facebook imports comments, it also marks them with a bit of meta-information to make sure they're unique. If this is not happening, it could be indicative of something not working quite right - if you're comfortable with looking into a database, can you please make sure that your imported (duplicated) comments have "wdfb_comment" meta_key set in you commentmeta table?

• nbostic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

It appears the duplicates all originate from the Facebook page, not the comments box.

Looking into the database, it looks like wdfb_comment is being set on the few examples I checked. Here's an example of the meta_values:

Original comment:
    a:2:{s:13:"fb_comment_id";s:36:"128809250407_364644886912788_4410470";s:12:"fb_author_id";s:9:"729341355";}

Duplicate comment:
    a:2:{s:13:"fb_comment_id";s:36:"128809250407_364644886912788_4410470";s:12:"fb_author_id";s:9:"729341355";}

Best I can tell, they're identical.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nbostic,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.