duplicate my entire set up

I want to set up what i have for a related niche, is there a way to copy everything in to a 2nd cpanel ?

Im saying cpanel because i dont want any cross contamination with members of niche1 and related niche2

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi thinkmarketact,

I'm not sure I've understood that one and I've not really heard much on copying cPanel information/packages myself. Wouldn't it work to copy over the database and files from your site to another?

There's a bunch of tools that let you do that, I've used BackupBuddy myself. Would something like that work for you?

Cheers,
    David

• thinkmarketact
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Looked it up, this sounds like it copies 100% database, themes, plugins, media files right?

Could i use it to back up the main site and a few sub sites or does it back up the subsites and their db as well?

after the back up is done i just import it on a fresh install and wala?

• thinkmarketact
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This is a very popular feature for WordPress developers who build a custom site for a client on a temporary domain or locally (like a sandbox or playground site) and then want to migrate the entire site with content, styles, widgets and all on a live client domain.

Dude you just saved me a ton of money i think!

have one theme company that wont budge off of there multi domain use restrictions on a multi site.

nothing in there about backupbuddy HA

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Cool :slight_smile:

BackupBuddy is a nice solution ( I use it as well).

Just FYI, if you're running cPanel it's pretty easy to backup/migrate an entire setup:
    1. Login to your cPanel and click the "Backup" icon.
    2. Click the "Download or Generate a Full Backup" button. This will backup all of your email accounts, files, and MySQL databases.
    3. Leave the drop down on Home Directory and be sure to have a valid email address in the second box. Leave the remaining boxes empty.
    4. Click the "Generate Backup" button and wait for an email confirmation to arrive.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.