Duplicate Products or Product Template for MarketPress

Any ideas how to easily Duplicate Products or make Product Templets in a MarketPress Store?

• James Morris

Hello Mark Wallace,

I hope you are well today.

Would you mind clarifying what you're meaning by "duplicate" products? As a general rule, it's not advisable to run duplicates of products.

Are you referring to variations of products? Meaning, many similar features, but some differences such as color, price, size?

If so, you can use the Variable product type to create numerous variations of a product.

I hope this clarifies a bit. If not, please let us know a better idea of what you're wanting to accomplish and we'll help you figure it out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Mark Wallace

I am using variations for my products. "Shirts"

I need the same options w/ many different shirts.

Ive tried creating a csv/xml file of a template and uploading it each time i add a new shirt, but the variations are missing each time.

Duplicate Product = would be a new shirt design w/ same variations. Options would be same, prices would be the same, etc....

Product Template = would be a set template that is ready to receive new shirt designs w/ all the variations, options, prices, etc...

• James Morris

Hello Mark Wallace,

Thank you for taking the time to clarify your needs.

Unfortunately, there's no way to do this out of the box with MarketPress. There's no native functionality or quick code snippets available.

I did some searching around and tried a number of the most recently updated Post Duplicator plugins out there that handle custom post types, such as MarketPress uses, but none of them were able to successfully pull over all the meta data, including price, image, or product variations.

Doing some further searching around here, I've found that this feature has been requested before. I'm going to ping the developers and add your voice to the list of people requesting that this feature be added.

Best regards,

James Moris