Duplicated Buddypress communities on multi network / multisite possible?

okay, I am using the Huddle theme and have styled it to fit inside a facebook i-frame. I also have the original theme width on one domain and the newly styled Huddle theme on a second domain. I want the same groups, users, etc., but I am running into some issues.

Group Avatars do not sync up in the second community. When in a group and click on "forum" the page loads and leaves the group area to load the main groups forum topics page. I have disable sitewide forums, double checked slugs. I am at a loss.

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi Thomas,

I heard you were having some issues with this mirroring of Buddypress. While this isn't core to the support that we can provide, I'm interested in Buddypress and MultiNetwork. I agree with your reasoning that without BPMulti, you should have things altogether, but I'm not surprised to hear about the avatars. I had trouble with them and caching before. Thankfully I was able to get on super fast hosting and didn't need to worry about caching any longer.

I'm not sure that I have much specific advice to offer, especially since to most people, keeping things separate is a desired intention. But if I were to investigate, I would start by looking at the file structure of where the avatars are saved. It could be that each group will get its own folder for median. The number of the group should correspond but perhaps the avatars folder doesn't get created. After than I'd take a similar tact to the database.

Finally my last thought is to look at what BP Multi actually does. That is, how does it keep the networks separate. My guess is that it will tag things in such a way that it knows which base URLs take which slugs. No idea about this, but I'm sure Ron Rennick, the plugin author, could tell you, but he'd probably want you to sign up for his membership.

Anyway, just my thoughts. [Please purchase a license if using PhraseExpress for non-personal tasks]

Hope this helps! Let us know.

Cheers,
    Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.