E-Commerce/Social Network site

Hello,
I have a client that wants a website that allows users to start their own profiles and sell their own products from it. In addition, he wants users to have social network features where users can comment, follow, and share their favorite uploads from other users. I know I could navigate through implementing either the e-commerce or social network aspect separately, it's doing it together as one site that has me a bit lost. To put it simply: he wants Dribbble except you can BUY the artwork.

• Nastia

Hello Christopher , I hope you are doing well today!

The project needs several plugins though it is possible to achieve.

If each user will have a shop, you will need a WordPress multisite installation with MarketPress plugin network activated.

This way you will have a single, global shopping cart; set a percentage of the profits on a sale. All the products can be visible on your main site and each user will have a subsite with their own shop ( like Etsy site)

In addition, he wants users to have social network features where users can comment, follow, and share their favorite uploads from other users

This can be done with the BuddyPress plugin. A user will have each own profile, can make friends, create groups.

And with the BuddyPress Activity+ you can make the feed look more like Facebook

If you are not familiar with WordPress Multisite, check our Academy courses and join the WordPress Multisite Masterclass course.

Of course, if you need any assistance we are here to help! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.