E-mail and / or Message to welcome new user

Hello,
I am not sure why but e-mails are not sent to new users. I wanted to send specific email + buddy press message to new users and it seems de-activated ... all other automatic e-mails are working.
I used a plugin to validate users before they get access to the site.
Is there a parameter that disables the e-mails for new users ? I was thinking that maybe when i disabled the plugin the parameter stayed set-up disabling e-mails / new users .
Thanks
Laurent

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Laurent,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

When a user signs up to a site where BuddyPress is running, he/she should get an "Activate your account" e-mail. I assume that this is what's not working on your site, right? Or are you looking to send some additional e-mail to the user after he/she confirmed sign-up?

I have also noticed that you have two registration forms (for "Team Members" and "Consulting Firms":wink: which suggests that you're actually using some custom registration form.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on both these aspects?

I would also like to take a closer look at your setup, so please enable support access to the site by going to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page and clicking on "Grant Support Access" button there, let me know when it's active.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Laurent

Hello Adam,
    I granted support access.
    Yes we are registering using a template that calls the normal registration (in my understanding) but that indicates the role at sign-up as the on-boarding process afterwards is different.
    Note : There is a lower level of urgency on this request as i now found a way to send a custom message in the buddypress inbox for new users .... this message is relayed to the e-mail .
    So end goal is achieved in a quite cumbersome way.
    However it does not check the validity of e-mail for instance. so not 100% satisfactory
    Thanks for your help
    Laurent

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Laurent,

I was doing some tests on your end and it seems like your "custom" setup is changing the way that buddypress is sending the emails.

You have almost 50 active plugins active so it's hard to determine what exactly is causing it.
    My suggestion is to create a staging site where you can perform a full conflict test by disabling your other plugins so you can check what's the cause of that.
    That should help with pinpointing the issue and finding a possible workaround.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.