E-newsletter - ability to see who has opened the newsletters

Hello @cole I lost the thread where we had discussed the ability to see who had opened the e-newsletters that were sent out. Has this feature been added yet? I do appreciate getting the last 5 lists on the dashboard corrected.
Thanks in Advance!

• Cole

Hey Dean,

Just to clarify, are you talking about seeing which user opened which newsletter?

There isn't any place it is currently displayed, but there wouldn't be much needed to display that information just having a place to display would be the trick. I'll see if I have time to cram this into the beta.

I think eventually I would like to have an overall report page per newsletter would be great. Other 3rd party email services do this quite successfully that I have been thinking of modeling off of. Google Analytics integration, geo-location, etc.

• Dean Kaus

Hi @cole Thanks for the quick response. I agree that with some of the 3rd party that the reports pages are awesome as well. I think that if we could even take that a step further and not only see a report of which newsletters are getting opened overall, if it's possible to see on an individual basis (I attached a screen shot) then it could help us with better data for our target life cycles and social groups as well.

Thanks for all of the hard work.

• Dean Kaus

Hello @cole Couple of things. To clarify my previous post instead of trying to cram into the current screen which news letters were opened into the current screen possibly one or both of two ways to view the opened newsletter information. One being as shown in the screen cap above. The other being (if possible) to add a tab somewhere in the edit newsletters section to view a report of who opened the newsletters.

2nd Item is not sure if I just missed this setting or where E-newsletter get's the current time or time when a newsletter is created and sent out. One of my clients is very time sensitive on when a newsletter is created and when it's actually sent out. I didn't see anything in the settings to set the current time. Thanks!

• Mike

Hi @deankausphoto-com

We're just doing a little housekeeping to see if we have dropped the ball anywhere. We haven't replied here for over 6 months which is obviously not good enough.

Do you still have this issue? If so can you tell me what exactly the issue is, let me know of any error messages. And let me know any fixes you have tried which have failed.

Then I will see if I can help you out.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Dean Kaus

The ball was dropped, then apparently changed hands on a few of the products. Seems like most stuff doesn't get finished but new ones are added then seem to take priority. That's been one of the common complaints from past members as the reason they no longer support the site.

I ended up using mailchimp (free service) since I had so many issues with the e-newsletter. One of the older versions was working and then wpmu.com hosting where I have a VPS account changed something and now e-newsletter doesn't work properly. Lost nearly all of my clients as promises I made I couldn't deliver on.

What can you do. Now I need to find some paying work.

• Mike

Hi @Dean Kaus

I know it's not good enough, all I can do is apologize again :slight_frown:

We now have dedicated support staff working dedicated hours to make sure that all posts are answered and don't get missed again.

Hopefully this hasn't been a recurring experience and is just limited to a couple of your threads, I see that you have lots of threads posted where our members of staff are helping currently so that's great, and that should be the new norm. Of course we will still make mistakes, but the aim is that they will be a lot fewer and further between than in the past!

Once again I apologize and thanks for your understanding!

Is it ok to mark this thread as resolved now?

Cheers,
    Mike