e-Newsletter: cancel previous sending

Hello,

I installed e-newsletter and have also: Subscribe2....what I was trying to do was get all those from subscribe2 into e-newsletter and when I did the import to e-newsletter I did not realize there was some invalid info in the file that will not let the job to send....

So...how do I remove a job from the "Previous Sending Page"? Also, is there an easy way to get there from the dashboard? I don't see a connector/link

Lastly, I am using GravityForms with linking to MailChimp...when someone subscribes to my newsletter and mailchimp updates the user when I update the blog...but how can I connect the user lists from mailchimp to here? I guess the point is that when they subscribe they basically are not "signing" up on the site...

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Lastly, I am using GravityForms with linking to MailChimp...when someone subscribes to my newsletter and mailchimp updates the user when I update the blog...but how can I connect the user lists from mailchimp to here? I guess the point is that when they subscribe they basically are not "signing" up on the site...

There isn't any integration between e-Newsletter and MailChimp.

I'm not entirely sure of your question though, sorry. Are you wanting members on your WP install to also get put on the mailing list? Or something else?

I installed e-newsletter and have also: Subscribe2....what I was trying to do was get all those from subscribe2 into e-newsletter and when I did the import to e-newsletter I did not realize there was some invalid info in the file that will not let the job to send....

So...how do I remove a job from the "Previous Sending Page"? Also, is there an easy way to get there from the dashboard? I don't see a connector/link

I'm also not sure what you mean here, are you talking about stopping the process of importing or stopping some newsletter from sending? Or something else?

If you could please elaborate further, maybe include some screenshots.

Thanks.

• Patrick

Hi @egrogg

Welcome to the forums!

To remove a newsletter you've already sent, simply click the "Delete" button next to that newsletter in the e-Newsletter dashboard. Click "Edit" to... you know, edit. Or click "Send Page" to send it again.

...how can I connect the user lists from mailchimp to here? I guess the point is that when they subscribe they basically are not "signing" up on the site.

Correct. Subscribing to a newsletter and registering on a site are 2 very different processes. I don't know of any way to automatically add existing subscribers of a newsletter to your site's userbase. But we do have a plugin that enables you to add batches of users manually: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/add-new-users/

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• egrogg

Timothy...Thanks for replying...did not expect since it is Thanksgiving! by the way....hope your day is going well...

In regards to Gravity Forms and Mail Chimp.
    What I would like to do is somehow integrate this e-Newsletter into a user signing up on my site for updates with getting newsletters....OK, so for MC I could essentially do newsletters from there, but I think I prefer this plug in. I can setup newsletter right from WP and that works the best for me.

So would there be a way to integrate the two together? Signing up on the site with e-newsletter? perhaps taking users that signup and "auto" moving or copying them to e-Newsletter? Using and auto newsletter choice for "subscribers". Currently I am setting up a newsletter for Authors and one for Subscribers...also a general one for all.

Patrick:You said there is no way? Could this be a future consideration? I would imagine that if "Subscribe 2" catches the signed up users, this could do the same?

In regards to "previous sending page".
    What I was looking at was all the previous sent newsletters from this plugin. When I did an import, some information was not correctly imported, so a failure happened and did not send out the newsletter. I deleted all the contacts from the import and corrected the ".csv" file to match the fields set in this plugin. This was perfect and I resetup a new newsletter and tried again. All went well, so I kept seeing the newsletter in there that failed (under previous sending) so I wanted to remove it from that list. But as of today that "disappeared" from the listing...as a matter of fact, all previous sent newsletters were removed.

That is good but...should there be an option to remove that from the list? Or does this update the list every so often removing old send items?

I would also think that there should be an automated way that users (as subscribers) should only see the choices for their subscriptions for newsletters (roles?) Currently I did a test user and they see both options for subscribing to newsletters for Authors and Subscribers. Shouldn't there be a difference?

What do you think?

• Timothy Bowers

I'm British I only eat Turkey at Christmas. ha ha.

Patricks Canadian.

My day is great, hope yours is too! :slight_smile:

The newsletter requires them to opt in and join a group, so you can create those groups specific for different things like authors and such.

I know @Cole is working on an update so I'll ping him to see if we can get him to add support for including members by default (but allow them to unsubscribe) and an option to automatically do that based on role.

Maybe also an easy way to build up a query string for use with our Membership ping feature.

Thanks.