I am almost loosing my mind. I cannot figure out how to configure the outgoing email settings correctly on one specific domain. I actually tried to set it up with Mandrill but not even without it is working. Here is what I tried so far.
1. I have read these topics and tried to apply the suggestions:
2. I have tripple checked all entered details.
3. I have installed the WP Mandrill plugin. All standard emails, such as user registration are working. Also emails send from other plugins.
3. Here are the errors I get with different settings.
1. SMTP (with Mandrill details) and Mandrill Plugin activated: After testing the connection this is coming up: "Error details: The following From address failed: *****@*****.com : Called Mail() without being connected"
2. SMTP (with Mandrill details) and Mandrill Plugin deactivated: "SMTP server error: Relaying is administratively denied"
3. SMTP (Local SMTP settings not Mandrill) and Mandrill Plugin deactivated: "Failed to send test email! - Please check your outgoing email settings and server config to see if selected ports are open. Error details: The following From address failed: *****@*****.com : Called Mail() without being connected"
4. PHP Mail (same email address as in general settings): Trying to send a test email results in this: "Failed to send test email! Please check your outgoing email settings."
I already contacted the hosting provider (Bluehost) and they say all their smtp ports are open. I really would like someone of you having a look in the settings as I really do not know what else to do. However, as this is a client website, we were not allowed to install the WPMU dashboard, but I could send you the login details any time.
Thank you so much.