[e-Newsletter] create_function() is deprecated in e-Newsletter

PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/class.wp_widgets.php on line 96

I realize that this is only a warning notification, but it's rapidly growing our error.log at a redonkulous speed. there's 2-3 notifications per second.

I apologize for the double posting, but it appears that my previous support tickets on the topic have fallen by the wayside.

can someone in the coding/tech end of things help me out here? maybe Adam Czajczyk or Ash

• splaquet
    • The Incredible Code Injector

absolutely! thank you :smiley:

2 questions:
    1) - a simple deactivate, remove old files, upload new ones, reactivate?
    OR
    - deactivate, delete, upload/install?

2) do you happen to know if this addresses the bounce email processing as well?

• splaquet

just an FYI, but when i installed/activated it in our /dev setup, this error was thrown:
    [10-Apr-2019 15:11:53 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'broinc_tst.brec_enewsletter_newsletters' doesn't exist for query DELETE a FROM brec_enewsletter_meta a LEFT JOIN brec_enewsletter_newsletters b ON a.email_id = b.newsletter_id WHERE b.newsletter_id IS NULL made by require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('plugins_loaded'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Email_Newsletter->upgrade_check, Email_Newsletter_functions->upgrade, QM_DB->query

BUT... the constant slew of deprecation notices have gone away :wink:

• splaquet

scratch that... i dumped all of the LIVE tables from enewsletter into our DEV, then activated it. error message was gone... assuming that the plugin found the tables that it had to update, etc.

###

I went to edit the newsletters and the Kirki conflict error popped up again. But as a heads up, I had previously reported this, and Ash said that he had let the developers know about it.

[10-Apr-2019 16:24:29 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: mode in /wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/page-settings.php on line 152
    [10-Apr-2019 16:25:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Kirki_Sections_Default_Section' not found in /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php:3942
    Stack trace:
    #0 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WP_Customize_Manager->render_section_templates('')
    #1 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #2 /wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /wp-admin/customize.php(265): do_action('customize_contr...')
    #4 {main}
      thrown in /wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php on line 3942
  • splaquet

ugh... sorry to keep reposting error log messages. i can stop, if the WPMU team is already aware of all of these. so, just say the word, and i'll close this ticket out.

I went to try another "bounce settings" test... hope a "reconnect" might actually start processing our bounces. although I received a "test successful" upon completion, these errors popped into error.log:

[10-Apr-2019 16:32:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: mode in /wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/page-settings.php on line 152
    [10-Apr-2019 16:32:31 UTC] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property 'url' of non-object in /wp-includes/script-loader.php on line 2265
    [10-Apr-2019 16:33:37 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: stdClass::$subject in /wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/e-newsletter.php on line 2177
    [10-Apr-2019 16:33:37 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined property: stdClass::$subject in /wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/e-newsletter.php on line 2179
    [10-Apr-2019 16:33:37 UTC] PHP Notice:  Unknown: Invalid mailbox list: <> (errflg=3) in Unknown on line 0
    [10-Apr-2019 16:33:37 UTC] PHP Notice:  Unknown: Invalid mailbox list: <> (errflg=3) in Unknown on line 0

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.