[e-Newsletter] Creating newsletters for member groups

This might be extensive but my preferred approach to creating a newsletter would be to start with a Member Group selection, then create a newsletter based on a group-specific template.
The way it seems to work now is that we select the last newsletter that was sent to a group, clone/edit it, and re-send to that group. But we need to be careful not to send that to other groups.

Am I not using this correctly? This is a request to clarify how that works and possibly to modify it to flow more naturally.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Tony G,

thank you for your question!

There are currently two ways to create new newsletter.

1. Go to "eNewsletter -> Newsletters" page and click on "Create New" button or simply go to "eNewsletter -> Create Newsletter" page
    2. Like you said - go to "eNewsletter -> Newsletters" page and clone existing one, then edit it to your needs.

In both cases selection of recipients (may it be group(s) or WP user role takes place only after newsletter is created, when you click on "Send" button.

What you have suggested makes much sense to me personally but it would require quite significant changes in plugin's logic (and, in turn, in its code). As you have already posted it in our "Features and Feedback" forum, I hope other Member's of our community will also vote for this idea :slight_smile:

Thanks for suggesting that!

Best regards,
    Adam