E-newsletter dashboard and menu not available from WP-admin

This is weird.
I installed e-newsletter back in December on my network, and activated it on two subdomains. It works fine on both of those. Here's the view from the WordPress dashboard when I mouse over "e-newsletter":

But now, when I activate the plugin on new domains, OR at another site I have running on a different server (single WP install), I get this:

Note the red arrows I drew to the link url. Why are these urls not the same? This makes no sense to me. And obviously I can't use the plugin if I can't access it's dashboard/menu/etc.

I have experimented with changing themes, disabling all plugins, re-downloading and re-installing e-newsletter, even reverted to version 1.2.3 and then back to 1.2.4. What gives?

• susan_langenes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

PS. I looked at the HTML via inspector in chrome.

In the site where the plugin works, the admin menu li element for e-newsletter is being assigned the class "wp-has-submenu".

In the site where the plugin DOES NOT work, the li element is not being assigned the class "wp-has-submenu."

Again I can't fathom why this would be different for different subdomains on the same network; ostensibly they're using the same code for WordPress as well as for the plugin.

Also, when I simply type this url into the browser's address bar: http://satsc.collagecreative.net/wp-admin/admin.php?page=newsletters-dashboard

I get Error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

How can this be? I am super admin for the network, and administrator for that site.

• susan_langenes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

OH hey, I'm a dork.

I figured it out. It's because you HAVE to set up outgoing email settings, and hit "save all settings" before the other submenu items will show up.

This would be an excellent one-liner addition to the documentation for that plugin.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.