[e-Newsletter] Description for Member Groups

I\'d like to see a description associated with Member Groups, so that in the display of groups for subscription, the user can see what the groups are about.

I\'d be happy to add a custom field to the CPT and to modify the code to display the subscription form. I would also modify the shortcode to include a parameter to show the description. So if WPMU DEV doesn\'t want to do this, guidance for a DIY solution would be appreciated.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Tony G :slight_smile:

Newsletters and groups are not custom posts but instead they're stored in their own dedicated tables.

If they were custom posts, adding some description would be relatively easy as you could e.g. use our own CustomPress plugin to modify them and you could even create some new/additional shortcodes as replacements for existing ones.

However, with current implementation, both db tables and plugin core code would have to be modified. As it's a custom development task which is outside the scope of this forum, you might consider asking at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

That being said, I hope that other Members of WPMU DEV community will also vote for this idea. if it gets more support from them, our developers might consider implementing that in future.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.