[e-Newsletter] e-Newsletter is it still active

Hi Guys

I am looking for a new newsletter plugin to replace mailpoet as mailpoet v3 has started breaking on multisite. Is e-Newsletter still active? It looks pretty old now and has not been updated in years? It also seems to be missing basic features like timed emails etc? It's features are defiantly not actively updated at the moment by the looks of it.

Is it perhaps going to replaced by Hustle?
Thanks
Kieran

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Kieran

I hope you're well today!

The E-Newsletter had its last update March this year so it's not that long ago. We're still providing compatibility and bug fixes/updates, though I wouldn't expect many new features soon indeed. It's not "dead" though :wink:

However, it's a relatively simple plugin so I'd say: it depends on what exactly are you going to use it for. It's worth to remember that all the e-mails from E-Newsletter plugin are being sent either from your server directly or - if you setup SMTP - via your e-mail account over SMTP protocol. There's no integration with any 3rd-party provider such as e.g. MailChimp, SendGrid or other. If you'd like to use such provide, Hustle has those (and many more) integrations already. On the other hand, Hustle is a bit different and it's mostly for "catching leads" rather than "handling newsletters" so you'd still need to head on to integrated provider (e.g. MailChimp) directly to create/send messages.

If you got any additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.