[e-Newsletter] e-Newsletter & NextGEN Gallery PRO plugin conflict error

Hi,

I am running

Wordpress version 4.9.8

NextGEN Gallery 3.0.6

NextGEN Gallery PRO 2.3.5

e-Newsletter 2.7.4.5

When I try to save a newsletter I get the error:

“You need a higher level of permission. Sorry, your are not allowed to customize this site.”

I also checked the chrome debug tools -> Network tab and I see that its a “500 internal server error”. When I deactivate NextGEN Gallery PRO I can save the newsletter fine.

Please help.

Thanks,

Tin

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello hoangker,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

That sounds like a plugin conflict but we’ll need to find out what exactly is causing it.

The issue doesn’t seem to happen with a regular NextGen Gallery (not “pro”:wink: and I don’t have access to the “pro” version so I’m not able to replicate this on my end, unfortunately. Taking that into account, I would like to take a closer look at your setup to check this there.

Would you please enable support access to your site so I could do this? You can enable it by going to the “WPMU DEV -> Support” page in your site’s back-end and clicking on a “Grant support access” button there.

Let me know here once it’s done, please.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi hoangker,

I’m afraid that I’m unable to access your site by using Support Access, it seems like something is blocking the use of it.

Could you provide us with your FTP or cPanel login details so we can get NextGEN Pro and do some additional settings on our side?

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Predrag Dubajic

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Tin,

Thanks for sending in the pro version, I was indeed able to replicate the issue on my installation with the same setup as you explained.

I did some digging around but I’m afraid that I was unable to find out what exactly is causing this issue :slight_frown:

I will create a report for our developers to investigate this further but I suspect that this is something that might be needed to be fixed from NextGEN gallery developers as it’s only specific to Pro version, and I would suggest getting in touch with their developers as well so they can check it out from their end.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Tin,

That is correct, however, without NextGen Pro, e-Newsletter is working fine, so it’s some code within NextGen Pro that’s being fired up e-Newsletter editor that’s causing the issue.

As I mentioned above, I did forward this to our developers to check it out, but contacting NextGen developers as well could help with speeding up a solution for this.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi hoangker ,

I’m not sure of the actual cause of this. I have spotted though an action that gives me the same issue you described. It’s when the C_Photocrati_Installer::update(); method is called.

It’s hooked in init action, but we can’t remove it since it’s registered with object an not instance of the class. Following heck seems to work for me:

add_action( 'init', function(){
    if ( isset( $_GET['wp_customize'] ) && 'on' == $_GET['wp_customize'] && isset( $_GET['newsletter_id'] ) && ! isset( $_REQUEST['doing_wp_cron'] ) ) {
    $_REQUEST['doing_wp_cron'] = 'in_newsletter_block_ngg_update';
    }
    }, 11 );

Could you add the above snippet in a mu-plugin and let us know how it goes?

In case you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read about them here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.