[E-newsletter] E-newsletter problems

I suddenly found out the plugin isn't supported anymore. Several times I thought about canceling the subscription and now…

Anyway, I need help. Suddenly there is an issue when creating a new newsletter. Wehn selecting a theme we get "The theme directory "Disco" does not exist."

When clooning an existing newsletter the same problem. When using the same theme, changing the content isn't working anymore.

What to do? Hope you guys still give some support!

I deactivated the plugin and activated it again and downloaded the latest github version. But that didn't help. Also disabling all other plugins didn't help…

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello jongag1 ,

I’m sorry to hear about this issue.

I have tested e-Newsletter from GitHub on my lab site and I wasn’t able to replicate this issue.

Can you enable debug mode in WordPress to see what could be a possible reason for this issue? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

After enabling it, try to create new newsletter so the error is generated and then send us debug.log file (best to upload it to service like dropbox)

kind regards,

Kasia

• jongag1
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Kasia,

Thank you for your reply! I did what you asked. Afterthat I deleted a newsletter and edited an cloned newsletter.

This is in debug.log:

[27-Aug-2019 07:18:15 UTC] WordPress databasefout Table 'aquanauten.wp_enewsletter_send' doesn't exist bij query DELETE A FROM xxxxxx_enewsletter_send_members A INNER JOIN wp_enewsletter_send B ON A.send_id = B.send_id WHERE B.newsletter_id = 119 gemaakt door do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Email_Newsletter->admin_init, Email_Newsletter->delete_newsletter
    [27-Aug-2019 07:18:30 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'feeds' of non-object in /home/aquanauten/public_html/wp-includes/post.php on line 4153
    [27-Aug-2019 07:18:30 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'feeds' of non-object in /home/aquanauten/public_html/wp-includes/post.php on line 4153
    [27-Aug-2019 07:18:30 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'use_trailing_slashes' of non-object in /home/aquanauten/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 49

I see the text change on the screen but an old newsletter is send via email with wrong text.

Would you like me to grant you support access? You are free to modify the newsletter with create date/time 2019-08-26 16:25:43 so you can test mail it to yourself.

Gr, Age

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello jongag1 ,

I would like to investigate that further. Would it be possible to give us access to the files? Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: “Attn: Kasia Swiderska

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password) OR cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select “I have a different question” for your topic, so it doesn’t go back to the forums – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send those credentials

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.