E-newsletter handwritten template not working properly

I've added a screenshot to show you how it looks after being sent and that it doesn't look the same as in the editor. Maybe some bug crawled its way somewhere :slight_smile:

Edit: Might be depending on what email service that is opening it. I've noticed that my outlook shows it in all brown while another one shows it in white with brown background. Neither shows the red thingy. However if you click show this newsletter in the browser it seems to show up correct.

Also another thing I thought I'll just throw in here is that when I'm sending through SMTP my hosts antispam has a higher chance to mark it as spam because it lacks some correct PHP information or something. Don't remember exactly what they said.
It doesn't show that error while using the PHP send option though.

Cheers
Robert

• Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

We are using the template with its default stuff unchanged and just sending through PHP (Although same thing happens when using SMTP)
    Not using any weird settings or anything. Could there be some conflict when sending with the letters åäö in the mail?
    And like I said it shows up correct if you click show in browser.

So what else would you be able to check from having access?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Robert,

I would like to send one email to myself and compare it to the one you are seeing on the site, and to understand what "red thingy" actually is :slight_smile:

Even though settings don't appear as "weird" it could be something specific in plugin settings that is causing this, and looking at your settings I would be able to test same setup on my installation, this will tell me if the issue is specific to your installation or if it's related to plugin itself.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Robert,

Thanks for granting access, I can see now that you're referring to "Handwritten" template ribbon,

I did some testing with same template on my installation and I could see the issue you are referring to when email is viewed on outlook email.

However, it seems that the outlook is refusing to load the image for some reason, I will forward this to our developers to have a look at.

In the meantime, you can download the file attached, unzip it and place the folder in your wp-content/uploads/enewsletter-custom-themes/ folder.
    Now choose "Handwritten Custom" instead of "Handwritten" for your newsletter template.

Image still won't be visible in outlook but it will have white background.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Dukeswe
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Since we already sent out the newsletter I don't think we are in a rush to get it fixed. We can probably wait for the new version. But if not I'll download your custom files.

Hope you'll manage to fix it :slight_smile:

Thanks
    /Robert

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.