e-Newsletter, how to send faster

I am currently using the WP Mail method in e-Newsletter as no other method will work for my host. The problem is that I set time between emails to 0 but it still takes a couple seconds per email to send.. meaning my 3000 member list takes hours to send and will get worse as we grow. My mail provider can handle sending all instantly... please advise on how to remove this delay so it doesn't send like a snail.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there us-Sunnah,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I'd say that couple of seconds aren't such big latency, have you checked with your hosting provider just in case they control/limit somehow any outgoing emails from your server?

As for your mail provider, I guess you're talking about MailGun, is that right?
    I think we covered that in this thread
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/e-newsletter-how-to-send-to-entire-list-instantly-or-at-once
    as you'd have to custom implement the integration between eNewsletter plugin and MailGun API.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello us-Sunnah!

The "fastest" setting that you may use with e-Newsletter is to set value of "0" for "Send" option and and value of "0" for "wait" option on "eNewsletter -> Settings -> Outgoing Email Settings" page. Whether it will significantly speed up the delivery or not however depends also on the server. I'd suggest getting in touch with your host and asking them if they put any limitations on e-mail sending via PHP (I know that you are using "wp_mail" but on a server level it's based on PHP "mail()" function).

While you may set plugin to those "0" values it may only go as far as the server allows.

You might alternatively try to set "CRON" to disabled on the very same page but I would not risk it in case of 3000 members as sending e-mails without CRON may be faster but may also cause a significant spike on resource usage and as a result either block/break the page or just not let all the delivery to complete due to e.g. script timeout.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.