E-Newsletter & HTML Email - RSS to Email Option?

Both Wysija & Mailchimp have RSS to Email which allows automatic emails to be generated and sent out on a schedule.

Example: Send an email every week with excerpts of the most recent blogs and have this be a widget that pops in the Template Builder.

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

Can you please move this to the suggestions forum?

So basically this is a subscribe to RSS plugin?

It would be VERY NICE if it was integrated in to e-Newsletter. I think that this is one of the reasons why people don't use e-Newsletter very much.

Please consider it. Thank you!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Dylan Elmgreen,

Sure I can move it to features & feedback. I don't think this is something we will pick up though because the functionality is already present in our other plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/ I can't really agree that not many people are using e-Newsletter. It's actually quite popular.

This isn't an RSS plugin, but it will allow users to subscribe for emails with your latest posts.

Best regards,

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

does the subscribe by email integrate perfectly with e-newsletter?

I have no idea what the differences of Subscribe by email and E-Newsletter are. Enewsletter is for users only?
    Subscribe is only for blogs? Can this be the main mailing list, for people that are not users but just want to receive newsletters?

Please help me understand the differences.
    Thank you
    Dylan

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Dylan Elmgreen,

They are entirely separate plugins, so they don't integrate. In fact, subscribers would be managed separately.

e-Newsletter is for sending out newsletter content to your users. It's mainly for mass email messaging, or an "e-blast"

Subscribe by Email allows users to subscribe to your blog posts. You can choose to send them excerpts, or just certain categories. You can also choose how often the messages are sent. For example, you could send them an email immediately after an article is published, or you could do a weekly digest where they receive one email a week with a summary of your posts. Take a look at the plugin page, and try it out from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/

Best regards,

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

So there is no general email plugin then.

Only email users and email blogs.

IF ONLY There was a way for the Subscribe by Email to have an introduction paragraph, shortcode for where I want the RSS to go and HTML for everything else I want to do... that's all I need a a basic version of MailChimp and Wysija.

You all looked at Wysija & MailChimp I'm sure, so you all would know what I am talking about. There is not an equivalent correct? Myself and my clients like to be able to have small snippets of blog posts in the newsletter because it gets people to the site. If at the same time the could see upcoming events and be offered coupons or whatever I wanted to put in the newsletters, there would be no reason to use MailChimp or especially Wysija.

I really think that this is a place that you all could gain a huge advantage.

I will continue to use them. Thank you.
    Dylan

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Dylan Elmgreen,

I'm sorry no, we don't have a combined plugin that can handle the blog posts within the newsletter. As for now they are separate plugins that work slightly differently.

Thank you for you feedback though. With our e-Newsletter plugin we are working on ways to better integrate with other plugins, so we appreciate your thoughts here.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.