[e-Newsletter] Improvements to Subscribe and UnSubscribe processes

After a member unsubscribes from a single newsletter, they are added to the Unsubscribed group, in addition to all other groups. This has various consequences:
1) They are not actually removed from the one newsletter/group from which they unsubscribed.
2) They are effectively removed from all newsletters.
3) The Groups list \"Members\" count does not get reduced.

Changes requested in that area:
1) Only remove a member from the newsletter where they unsubscribed.
2) On the final unsubscribed page, please provide a mechanism for a public member to see and modify their subscriptions, and give them the choice to unsubscribe to all. For site members there is the My Subscriptions admin page. Unless there is another suggestion I\'ll add code that checks to see if the user is logged-in, and if so, add a link from the unsubscribed landing page to their admin page.
3) There\'s no report to show subscribe/unsubscribe activity. Please add this, and/or provide a hook so that we can take action on these events. It\'s important to know when we lose someone, and what they were reading when they made the decision.

Regarding the My Subscriptions page, note the error in the top text:
At this page you can Subscribe or *Unsubcribe* to Newsletters

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Tony G,

thank you for your post!

After a member unsubscribes from a single newsletter, they are added to the Unsubscribed group, in addition to all other groups. This has various consequences:
    1) They are not actually removed from the one newsletter/group from which they unsubscribed.
    2) They are effectively removed from all newsletters.
    3) The Groups list \"Members\" count does not get reduced.

I have just tested that and can confirm the issue. While the user is in an internal "unsubscribe" group, he/she wouldn't receive any newsletters but he/she is still also a "member" of all the groups subscribed (though sort of "inactive") and at the same time gets no email from all the groups. I've reported this to the developers already.

3) There\'s no report to show subscribe/unsubscribe activity. Please add this, and/or provide a hook so that we can take action on these events. It\'s important to know when we lose someone, and what they were reading when they made the decision.

There's no such report but while that would indeed be handy, it's not a bug. As that would be a new feature, would you please start a separate ticket in the "Features and Feedback" section of our forum suggesting just that? If more members of our community will vote for it, our developers might add it to the plugin's "to do list" and implement it in future.

Regarding the My Subscriptions page, note the error in the top text:
    At this page you can Subscribe or *Unsubcribe* to Newsletters

Right, that's a small type so that's most likely why nobody noticed that yet but I've passed that to developers as well, should be a simple fix :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam