E-Newsletter in Several Languages: Somethings do not translate

I use WPML, and I want to have e-newsletters in several languages - easy: just make a newsletter for each language. And lots of things, like the e-newsletter widget, can be translated just with standard WPML methods (String Translation).
But the e-newsletter settings for "Default User Subscribe/Unsubscribe" do not translate into other languages.
The screen shot below shows what I mean: The subject for the confirmation email, the standard newsletter group, the two pages for un/subscription confirmation they are all "fixed" for one language.
After thinking WPML is the problem I finally found out, that these settings are not in the _options table, but in an own table called _enewsletter_settings, and this seems to have the consequence that WPML cannot recognize these settings and offer translation.
What can I do?
Thank you!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Emanaku,

So just to clarify, depending on what language your users are using your site in, you want them to have the e-Newsletter pages, Welcome email, and unsubscribe email in that language as well?

e-Newsletter doesn't officially support WPML; however, I'll ask one of our developers to see if an easy workaround is possible in this situation.

Developers have many dev tasks so it can sometimes take them a little longer to reply. Soon as they have a chance to look into it then either them or myself will reply back here :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Emanaku

Thank you, Tyler!
    In my memory it is always like "All WPMUDEV plugins are WPML compatible".
    Was that only good marketing, or has the policy changed? :wink: I know Upfront is not, but that is at least a bit understandable.
    And yes, like you say, the pages, the welcome email, the unsubscribe email and page - all should be in the selected language. Would be easy, if the eNewsletter options would be just normal options in the _options table :wink:
    Thank you!

Full translation of eNewsletter would also mean the newsletter groups would be translatable (they are not). But I can live with the group situation easily. But th

• Tyler Postle

Hey Emanaku,

I spoke with one of our developers and unfortunately this wouldn't be something simple to add, it would involve quite a bit of development time. I've added WPML integration as a feature request; however, this hasn't been very highly requested by other users so it's unlikely that it will happen soon.

In my memory it is always like "All WPMUDEV plugins are WPML compatible".

Do you know where we say this? I don't recall that being in any of our marketing material. If it is then I'll surely take that up to the copy writers so it can be removed as we don't want to mislead customers like that.

If you do need this integration now, then you could also try finding a developer from within the community on our jobs board who could custom develop it for you: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.