e-Newsletter is generating error on Create Newsletter page

I have e-Newsletter configured and ready to go, but I can't visit the Create Newsletter page:slight_smile: I get the following error (the page won't load at all):

Fatal error: Class 'Genesis_Admin_Boxes' not found in /home/bulletproofmarke/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpstudio-testimonial-slider/inc/gts-admin.php on line 16

This appears to clearly be a plugin conflict. The testimonials plugin is a fairly integral part of my home page. Is there any way to get it working? Any insight is much appreciated.

• Ash

Hello Christian

Let me explain the scenario. The e-newsletter uses wordpress customizer to create the newsletter. In the customizer, the slider from that plugin is called. But the class from that plugin is not loaded in the customizer, that's why you are getting the fatal error.

So, would you please contact the testimonial plugin developer to make their class available on every customizer screen, especially on e-newsletter customizer screen? Once the file is available there, the error will be gone.

Please let us know what you hear back from them. Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Christian

Thank you for the reply Ash. And thank you for the patience while I waited to hear back from the plugin developer. Here's his response:

The Genesis Testimonial Slider doesn’t use the customer at all. For the settings we use the class Genesis Admin Boxes. This does not interfere with other Customizer Genesis, theme or plugin settings. Normally the error you get only shows on non Genesis websites. Seems more like the plugin you use is not compatible with the Genesis Framework and disables or changes the theme when editing from the dashboard.

I've had this happen before, where everyone just says it's the other person's fault. I'm not interested in pointing fingers. I've found in the past when I have someone tweak a plugin for me, the patch needs to be applied each and every time moving forward when the plugin gets updated. I'd rather not fool with that.

Is this a case where there's simply nothing that can be done? The developer's assertion that e-newsletter isn't compatible with Genesis seems strange to me. I have no idea. Is there any way to get these to work together?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Christian,

There is simple way to check if e-Newsletter is incompatible with Genesis Framework (and not the specific plugin). If you deactivate only Genesis Testimonials Slider (only for time of the test) and creating e-newsletter will work correctly it means that e-Newsletter works with Genesis Framework.
    If this is the case we will escalate this to our SLS developers for investigation.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.