e newsletter not saving

Version 1.1.5 e newsletter
wp 3.2.1

Hello, when I try to change a password in e newsletter>settings>outgoing email the new password does not save. How do I fix? The old password was 7 letters, the new one is 11 letters long. Each time I save the asterix's still show as 7. I tried deleting the password entirely but the old one seems to be stuck.

Thanks!

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Ok, figured out what was driving me nuts... This might apply to other people who think the software isn't working... the script works...

1) the test email button in settings isn't clear when you are successful so you keep trying and trying until you give up. When you are successful it gives a random message like smtp...-700 which looks like an error message if you don't speak -700. It will probably reduce forum questions if the message says something like Success!

2) I am using Bluehost. Their published smtp instructions did not work. I think this was because there is no check box for SSL so I had to use the ip address instead of the smtp server
    eg ssl://**.**.**.**:465 (465 was the port)
    Their published pop ports also did not work. I had to use port 25. Their smtp settings work perfectly on everything else, not sure why it needed this different configuration on e-newsletter.

Hope it helps anybody with same issues...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.