E-Newsletter or Subscribe-by-email?

I'm not sure weather to implement the Subscribe-by-email plugin or the e-Newsletter plugin on a clients site.

What would you say the the main differences?

Do they work well together?

Is it overkill to have them both active in the same sight?

Aside from exporting and importing csv files - how would you keep the subscriber lists from both plugins synchronized?

• Milan

Hello @mjkessel,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Do they work well together?

Yes they do work well together. I've just tested both pluings on my sandbox site and they are functioning well together. :slight_smile:

Is it overkill to have them both active in the same sight?

Not that much if you have enough server resources which are able to server both plugin's processing mechanism. Mostly e-Newsletter will work with wordpress cron if you schedule newsletter and Subscribe by Email will send email whenever new { post type } gets published. So its more likely to have work based on action level. Conclusion is that its good to go if you use both plugin at same time, there isn't any symptom I'v noticed which can cause issues.

Aside from exporting and importing csv files - how would you keep the subscriber lists from both plugins synchronized?

This is currently not possible without custom coding to be done but let me ask our developer about this once. :slight_smile: I'll get back to you soon as soon as I hear something from developer. :slight_smile:

Thanks & have a good day. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael!

Might I suggest a clearer description with point made on how they are different for both plugins?

Recently the most effort was put to making Upfront 1.x a reality and our "usage writers" are not extremely focused on its docs but of course you made a point here. I think once they deal with Upfront docs they'll be able to move on and work on updating other guides and descriptions (along with plugin's updates) so hopefully they'll fix that soon.

Thanks for that suggestion!

Have a nice day,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.