e-newsletter php mail not working!! Please Help

we have been using e-newsletter sucessfully for some time now and we sent a letter today just an hour ago to our list, however when we go to do it now, it says error in sending, check your outgoing mail settings. we are using php mail...

i am not sure what i happening

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dreamraven

I hope you are well today and sorry to hear of the issues you are having, has anything about the install changed since it was last working? Plugins, code, themes etc?

If it has change it back to how it was before, by deactivating additional plugins and changing to the default twenty twelve theme. Can you also try a send preview please and see if that works? You can that from create a newsletter.

Please also check your PHP error logs for any errors.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• dreamraven
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

hello jack,

thanks for your reply. i have tried to switch to the twenty twelve theme, disabled all other plugins and tried to send a preview. all to no avail. the mailing will not work with either php mail or STMP. the only thing that i did differently between sending emails was upgrade wordpress to the 3.5.2

what else can i try.

we need to get this working

Thanks
    Nikesha

• dreamraven
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok. So we thought that fixed the problem but it does not. What seems to be happening is that php mail is putting a 999 limit on the outgoing mail per 24 hours. We are not sure if this is the problem but it just cuts off after that many emails sent in a day. We are very stumped. Please help it is urgent.
    How do we check the php mail outgoing mail settings?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dreamraven

I hope you are well today and sorry to hear of your continued issue, the sending limit sounds like a limit put on by your host, are you on shared hosting?

If you are most hosts typically limit the amount of mail that can be sent within a 24hr period, please advise who and what type of hosting you have :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.