e-Newsletter post type definition

I'm currently trying to use the Post Snippets plugin with e-Newsletter to create a shortcode to make it easier to build each newsletter section.
I can't provide a link, as I'm currently building it on a local server.
When the Post Snippets button is clicked on in the Create Newsletter TinyMCE interface, it doesn't do anything. It works fine on Posts/Pages.

The developer of the plugin posted (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-post-snippets-work-with-something-other-than-pages-or-posts?replies=5) that this plugin may be assigning a custom screen type, causing the conflict.

Where is the screen type set for this plugin, what is the name of its custom post type, and what other information might be causing difficulty in getting these two plugins to work together?

• Alexander

Hey there @jamieisfeld,

I'm sorry, e-Newsletter uses the Wordpress Editor, but doesn't actually use a Wordpress custom post type. So this is probably what's causing your problem.

Perhaps we can come up with another solution? I'm still not quite sure what you intending to do exactly with the snippets plugin. If you could elaborate a bit, I could take a look and might be able to recommend another option.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

• jamieisfeld

Thanks for the fast response, Alexander. I came to the same conclusion after poking around a bit more.

Essentially, the snippets plugin was going to pre-format newsletter items for the user so they would be able to avoid writing HTML. Sadly, without that ease-of-use factor, I may have to use a different plugin in this particular instance.

I do still like WPMU's variety of plugins and will likely just use this on another project instead.

Thanks again.

• Alexander

Hey @jamieisfeld,

Hey I just wanted to followup here with you. e-Newsletter does have templates built in if this helps you. Maybe you don't need the snippets plugin at all?

We're about to release a new version of e-Newsletter, (hopefully tomorrow) that has some nice improvements made to it.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.