E-Newsletter – subscribe

Following the process through –

I set up 2 groups –

– Newsletter Testing – not public

– Happy Animal Newsletter – public

I am unsubscribed from groups in admin page (enewsletter members).

On the front end what I see in the widget is –

Happy Animal Newsletter (widget title)

Subscribe to:

Newsletter Testing – this should not be visible

Happy Animal Newsletter

'save subscribes' button

'Unsubscribe' – link text

When i click Happy Animal Newsletter tick box and hit save subscribes nothing happens, and no change on members admin page either.

• Jimmy
    • Flash Drive

If I then use E-newsletter > my subscriptions tab in admin and select the two groups and click ‘save subscribes’ (because front end widget doesnt work) then it shows up in admin e-newsletter members tab as it should, and on the website front end the widget then displays as attached.

• Jimmy
    • Flash Drive

When I log out of wordpress and then visit website – http://www.happinessis.co.za – then the e-newsletter widget displays correctly I think. If this form allows automatic subscription to wordpress and newsletter then i suppose the widget title should reflect that rather than as i have it 'happy animal newsletter'.

When i fill in the widget details as a new user, with a second email address I use (not registered on wordpress) and click submit, nothing happens and no change to admin enewsletter> members.

• Jimmy
    • Flash Drive

When I log out of wordpress and then visit website – http://www.happinessis.co.za – then the e-newsletter widget displays correctly I think.

[If this form allows automatic subscription to wordpress and newsletter then i suppose the widget title should reflect that rather than as i have it 'happy animal newsletter'.]

When i fill in the widget details as a new user, with a second email address I use (not registered on wordpress) and click submit, nothing happens and no change to admin enewsletter> members.

When I go back into newsletter admin members section and manually add user this works.

• Jimmy
    • Flash Drive

The newsletter subscribe widget is supposed to subscribe visitor as user to site. The widget doesnt work as described above, with no change to admin>e-newsletter>members. It also does not change admin>users>all users.

when manually add user in admin>enewsletter>members there is also no change in admin>users>all users.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

You are seeing both the groups in the widget when you are logged in because you are the admin. As you can see, normal visitors don’t see both, as expected.

If the widget is not working, do you see any errors? Are you using it on the default theme and if not, does it work on the default theme? The most likely reason it doesn’t work is a Javascript conflict with your theme.

Can you provide a link to your site so we can see for ourselves please?

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.