E-newsletter template customization

Hi WPMU,

I'm trying to customize one of your templates (simplicitylight) to simply remove the second line of text beneath the title.

I managed this by:

1. duplicating the simplicitylight template via ftp to create simplicitylight-2
2. editing the css file and adding 'display:none' to the classes .from and .text_right

This works brilliantly in the preview AND in the preview email which I sent through to my gmail address. BUT, weirdly, when the preview email is opened in outlook the second line of text re-appears, and the whole title + subtitle are center justified (instead of left justified). *See screenshot.

Please help ASAP! We need to send the newsletter out tomorrow or the next day before the boss flies overseas.

How to edit css file so the changes appear in gmail and outlook?

Best,

• Sajid

Hi Peggy Sax, Hope you are doing good today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

CSS display none does nice job some times but its always good to remove the elements from structure if you have access to source code. To fix this issue go your new template, find template.html file and look for below code in it.

<tr>
    					<td class="from" data-builder="from_name">
    						{FROM_NAME}
    					</td>
    					<td class="from text_right" data-builder="from_email">
    						{FROM_EMAIL}
    					</td>
    				</tr>

On nearly line number 24 - 31, select this code and delete it. Now save changes and upload it back to your server.

Let me know if its not fixed or you need further support :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.