e-newsletter: unable to edit newsletters

When I try to edit a newsletter I just get a blank page / url waiting for something. Creating and cloning a newsletter does generate a new entry within second but editing seems to be impossible.
I have not created a newsletter in a long time. In the meantime, the wordpress site has been upgraded and moved to a new server.
Any idea where I need to start looking ? url show below.

http://www.agacolor.com/wp-admin/customize.php?wp_customize=on&theme=Simplicitylight&newsletter_id=6&return=admin.php%3Fpage%3Dnewsletters

thanks,
Ifredo

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Ifredo, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

When I try loading that page you linked to, upon looking in the browser console, I noticed that a 500 Internal Server error is showing up there.

Inside of your site's wp-config.php, I'd want to insert this above the "That's all, stop editing!" line, as it looks like there may not be enough memory here:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Ifredo

Hello Michael,

Adding the memory line did not do the trick. I did reboot the box just to make sure nothing else was in some ambiguous state.
      It just took forever to load the wp-admin page. The 'normal' pages are not too bad.
      I read something about servername and added a line in the etc/host file for http://www.agacolor.com.
      To my surprise that does seem to make a difference. The wp-admin page takes seconds to appear instead of minutes.
      Unfortunately trying to edit a newsletter is still not possible. Could it be related to security on files or folders ?
      After a server / wp hack in December I did restrict as much as I thought I could.
      Are you able to approach the server ? support is activated.

thanks,
      Ifredo

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Ifredo, my apologies for the delay here! :slight_frown:

With what you've said here (thanks for providing the additional detail, by the way!), does this mean that you were able to resolve this all on your own? That's definitely a nasty mix of problems to have. :disappointed:

If you're still needing help with this, please let me know! I've left myself a special notification here, so that I don't miss your reply. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.