e-Newsletters Plugin and Gravity Forms

Hi,

I am considering using the e-Newsletters plugin, but want to use a more advanced for to let people sign up. Can I use Gravity Forms for the sign up (without manual entry into e-Newsletter)?

Thanks,
Matt

• imelements
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am trying to create a mailing list. I currently use Aweber, but don't need the auto responder, just the ability to send out regular newsletters, so this plugin could be a great fit. However on my current Aweber form I collect some additional data. The additional info doesn't need to go into the mailing list, all that needs is the name and email. So I was thinking that a Gravity Form could work great if the name and email part could be use to add the person to the mailing list.

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

Gravity Forms and Aweber work brilliantly if you have the Business version of Gravity forms. That gives you the Aweber add on for gravity forms which makes it super easy to link any gravity form to one of your Aweber mailing lists.

When users fill out your form they get signed up to your list automatically. They'll still have to click the confirm opt in email automatically generated by Aweber (if you have that enabled on your list) but apart from that the entire process is super smooth and easy.

With the addon plugin it's very easy to pass any additional fields in the form that you want (phone, address etc) through to Aweber as custom fields.

See the documentation here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/AWeber_Add-On

• imelements
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks, I understand that, that is sort of what I am doing right now. But what I want to do is use the e-Newsletters instead of Aweber, so I am asking if the e-Newsletters has some type of Gravity Forms add on so that I can get sign ups with GF instead of the standard widget.

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

The Gravity Forms & Aweber integration is awesome.

The only thing that is better is the Gravity Forms & MailChimp integration which is far better still.

I'm in the process of moving my mailing lists from Aweber to Mail Chimp to take advantage of this.

Final note: if you only have a small list of users in Aweber you could consider moving your list to Mail Chimp as another option. You get all the power and email delivery of Mail Chimp but it's free for up to 2000 users and 12,000 emails a month with minor limitations.

While e-Newsletters is great you lose out on all of the in depth tracking info, stats etc.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@imelements

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

• jetmac
    • Recruit

I'm actually interested in this ability as well -- I would much rather use Gravity Forms as the front end to my email subscription than your standard widget (no offense).

Will the two link up, or is there a convenient way to export the info gravity forms information to the e-newsletter email list?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.