[eab_archive] shortcode doesn't work properly

"weeks" parameter of the [eab_archive] shortcode doesn't work.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello joe

Hope you are doing well!

Please replace the attached in class_eab_collection.php with the one that is already in the following path
    /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib

In a shortcode please use lookahead="1" attribute instead of lookahead="yes"

This should fix the issue. Please let us know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello joe

I trust all is well!

There has been an update from a developer and there are two files that need to be updated. Please upload the attached class_eab_collection.php file to this path

/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib

And the class-eab-archive-shortcode.php to this path

/wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib/shortcodes

Please replace the files that already exists in these folders

Let me know how it went

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

Unfortunately it only partially works

When I select a category to display as in the previously working shortcode below, it no longer works

[eab_archive lookahead="1" category="ea" weeks="52" paged="yes" limit="10"]

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello joe

Hope all is well!

In the shortcode, the weeks are set to 52. This will show the events that are scheduled for after 52 weeks (in 13 months from now). I've visited your site and the events are scheduled until this December. Please change the 52 value for weeks to 3 or 4, so it will show events after 3/4 weeks from now.

[eab_archive lookahead="1" category="ea" weeks="4" paged="yes" limit="10"]

I've tested the category attribute from my end and it is working well. Please let me know if the issue still persists after the week value is changed.

If the issue still persists, please let me know on what page ID is the [eab_archive] shortcode is located.

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

Nastia, we seem to have several problems

The entire month of December in my calendar has disappeared, but when I restore the two old files it magically reappears. So firstly there is an issue with one or both of those new files.
    (I currently have the new files installed, therefore no month of December in Calendar

Is not the "weeks" parameter meant to be the number of weeks in advance that events will be shown?
    If it is as you suggest, then all I would need to do would be have weeks as 1 and all future events would show ?

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

The following shortcode which has been happily working for a long time is now showing an event 36 days in the future instead of one much closer.

[next_event_countdown title="yes" type="flip" size="70"]

This is becoming a serious incident and it appears this plugin no longer functions correctly.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello joe

Hope all is well!

We could replicate the issue with events not showing up in December. Please try the following fix. Add the lass-eab-archive-shortcode.php to this path
    wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\lib\shortcodes

And please add the class_eab_collection.php to this path
    wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\lib

The above fix also fixes the issue with weeks set to 52, it is now supposed to show events for the upcoming weeks. Also, the next event countdown is working with this fix.

Please let us know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• joe
    • The Crimson Coder

Nastia, thank you for your reply but I would like to hear the words "tested and working fix"
    It makes my life difficult applying things which I have to undo with no guarantee that I'm not getting into a cycle of where I am merely the test rat

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello joe

Hope all is well!

I have tested the fix from my end and it solves the following issues:
    - events not showing up in December.
    - weeks parameter not showing in [eab-archive] shortcode

The fix is also tested for [next_event_countdown title="yes" type="flip" size="70"] shortcode and I couldn't reproduce the issue. It is showing the countdown for the next event.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.