[eab_calendar] 10 events list - override default appearance

How do I get the [eab_calendar] to show a list of the upcoming events list ? Like override default appearance?

• Milan

Hi @morfjord,

I hope you are having good day. :slight_smile:

By default [eab_calendar] will display upcoming events and let user register himself to event. If you want to display calendar as weekly view, you can use Weekly Calendar add on.

Furthermore you change appearance settings of single and archive events via Events > Settings > Appearance . This will let you specify which template to load when displaying single or archive view of events.

To tweak appearance of event shortcode you can edit template files, found under
    events-and-bookings\default-templates\default\,
    events-and-bookings\default-templates\calendar\,
    events-and-bookings\default-templates\full-width\.

But editing core files is not advisable as it will not preserve changes when plugin gets updated.

There are also some helpful addons you can use for upcoming events. These addons are Next Event Countdown, Next Event Shortcode. You can activate these addons via Events > Settings > Addons

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Milan

Hi @morfjord,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

I think you've shifted to buddypress Activity Calendar right ? If still you are you have any query, please let me know sir. :slight_smile: And For further debugging Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Kind Regards,
    Milan.

• Milan

Hello @morfjord,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

Actually to create custom template, you need to create template file in your current theme's root folder. you can do this by copying existing template file from plugin default templates and pasting it to theme's root folder.

You can find existing template file under events-and-bookings/default-templates/default/ folder.

Steps to create custom template file:
    #1) Copy existing template file to theme's root folder for better understanding.
    #2) Rename copied file.
    #3) Give name of file to template argument of eab_archive shortcode.

That's it.

Please note that I've found one bug with creating custom template file. When working with custom template file page falls in infinite loop. So I suggest you don't use it now. Let our developer fix this issue first :slight_smile: Please stay tuned with updates meanwhile.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Ignacio

Hi @morfjord

After reviewing the code a few times, this bug cannot be fixed so easy. There's a workaround for that though I would not recommend it.

To fix this issue we need to rewrite a lot of parts of the code and this could lead to more bugs.

I'll add this to my ToDo list as I'm already rewriting some parts of the code and improving things on Events+ so it can be more consistent but for the moment I'm afraid we have to wait for this fix.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• Ignacio

Back again :slight_smile:

I think I spoke too soon and misunderstood the question.

Instead of moving events-and-bookings/default-templates/default/ templates, use events-and-bookings/default-templates/shortcode-archive-default.php file. This will avoid infinite loops.

Just copy it to your root Theme folder, rename it and use the shortcode like [eab_archive template="whatever"]

Do not add .php to "whatever" argument.

That said, I'd like to change the way templates are loaded so in future big releases this could change but I'll try to add compatibility for old templates.

Regards.
    Ignacio.