Easier and consistent formatting of listings?

So it looks like this plugin allows the person submitting a listing to completely control the layout of the listing. Whatever is in the HTML is what you get. So if they put a picture, there's a picture. If not, there isn't. They could even leave out the web page for the listing.

Is there a way to have better control over this?

Perhaps require the submitter to include a picture, description, and URL link and then automatically take those components and format them consistently across each listing.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey @lloyd_silver

Welcome to the Community!

I think I know what you are saying, and I believe this is something that has to be controlled via the CSS of the website, Can you give me a link where I can see it live and suggest CSS for your specific theme?

• lloyd_silver
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So I guess the image is controlled using Featured Image. Is there a way to automatically scale whatever image the user uploads so that it fits the box at 150px wide?

Can I add a custom field for the URL of the listing? I can see I can add a custom field but only text and some other options. Ideally this should be a URL and hyperlinked.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey @lloyd_silver

You can set the image width in css using the property: max-width:150px;

You cannot have a field type for a url as such. Ask for a link and then use the template tags / embed codes to show it as a url

like:

<a href="<?php your_embed_code ?>">The Anchor Text</a>

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.