Easily get updates, support, and one-click WPMU DEV plugin/theme installations right from in your da

Hi, I use many of your plugins, which is why I don't mind paying to be a part of the site however, whats up with the, "Easily get updates, support, and one-click WPMU DEV plugin/theme installations right from in your dashboard -" message that is on display to all my MU members?

I can figure out what plugin its coming from........

Thank you for the help.

• aecnu

Greetings bpmccullough,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

It is coming form all of them so to speak. They have the code embedded within.

The easiest way to have them dis appear besides removing the coding that renders this from virtually every WPMU DEV plugin and theme, is to use the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Most of the members seem to like the convenience of the dashboard and it is easily hidden to be non obtrusive and not accessible by anyone but the network administrator of the MultiSite but don't shoot me if you do not appreciate it, I am just the piano player.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings nathan_hutchinson,

It is actually a pitch for using the Dashboard plugin and not trying to sell anything and

Act like professionals and have the "Do not show again" button in the next update

Why dont you act like a professional and remove the code like I did long before I became part of the staff?

But of course - I am a professional unlike your hijack attempt of someone else's ticket and sarcastic rhetoric.

Cheers, Joe

• pianoman

I'm sorry but I was about to open the same issue and found this thread. Frankly, I find the dashboard plugin message very annoying. Why?

1) The WPMU Dev Dashboard is already installed on a couple of my domains that are used primarily for development. I do not need nor do I want the dashboard installed on every single one of my domains. This wastes both time and space.

2) When the dashboard performs updates, it tends to activate every WPMU plugin whether I had the plugin active or not. This can have and has had the very nasty side effect of breaking some of my sites. For example, one uses the "Login" redirect to redirect members to a secondary site but only when the site is under maintenance. This is one of the reasons, I am not installing this plugin on any new production domains.

3) Over time, the message at the top of each dashboard screen becomes obnoxious and it does takes up primary real estate; i.e. additional scrolling or window resizing is required to see information that would normally be visible without the message.

4) Yes, one can modify plugins to get rid of the message. In my case, we are not using MultiSite intentionally, so the work involved is substantial when one considers the 24 or so domains involved (note that we do not use the same WPMU-DEV plugins on every domain). Also, one has to make the modifications every time there is a plugin update. That frankly becomes a LOT of work.

Can we please fix this in the next release or two? The dismissal option does seem to be fairly common with other plugins and seems like it would be fairly easy to implement.

• aecnu

Greetings pianoman,

Thank you for your feedback which is appreciated.

Do not get me wrong, I would personally love to see this done exactly the way you hinted if it is to show at all.

But it is not up to me and I am caught in the middle like a Cop who has to enforce a law written by the powers that be even if I disagree with it.

However, nudge nudge wink wink - check this post out:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/disable-nag-message#post-307810

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.