Easy Blogging Advanced Admin option

I installed the Easy Blogging Plugin and noticed that when I am in the Advanced Admin, which I work in, the header section does not expand to show section options on dashboard and the help options. Is this supposed to happen - shouldn't the admin go back to standard?

I have also installed the easy blogging wizard but haven't really had time to test it.

To deactivate a plugin in mu-plugin is it just a matter of deleting the files from the folder or is there something else I need to do?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

@AquaPebble I can confirm this issue in two installs with this plugin. Nice catch!

To disable mu-plugins you can simply delete the files/folders associated with the plugin. Many of the newer plugins here have one file and then a folder with everything else. Instead of deleting all the files/folders I'll often just delete the primary file that calls the rest of the plugin or move it inside the folder. Saves a little time.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Do you have tooltips installed as well? Can you try removing it and seeing if that fixes things... there are basically quite a lot of JS conflicts which we're working on fixing up now (with luck a fixed version should be available shortly)

Sorry for the delay, caused by changes in the development team on this one.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hey AquaPebble,

sorry about the long wait. Here's a temporary fix for you:

Go to the following directory:
    mu-plugins>easybloggingfiles>css

Open easy.admin.both.css and copy lines 25-27. Then, comment these lines out from this file (add a // at the beginning of each line).

Next open easy.admin.css and add the lines you copied to the bottom of the file. Finish by saving your changes to both files.

This will make it so that the screen and help options are shown in the normal admin, but they will not appear when someone is using the "easy admin" interface. If you don't add the lines to the second file, your easy admin interface will not display correctly. It may not be a permanent fix, but hopefully it'll work til one of the devs has a chance to fix this. It's been crazy busy round here as of late! :smiley:

*Edit* Here's what the lines of code you're looking for, just in case the line numbers are off:
    #screen-meta {
    display: none;
    }

• Bob Hendren
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I tried several combinations of the Easy Blogging plugins, but was unable to get things working well. Once thing I noticed was that with the Tooltips, there may have been a reference to a my.css file in one of the popups and the my.css didn't seem to exist anywhere.

Are these supposed to be able to act independently or do they need to all be installed together?

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi Bob & welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

The new version just uploaded should work great either together or apart - make sure you have the latest releases and give them a run in /plugins/ or /mu-plugins/ (but not both)

Let us know how you go!

Cheers, James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.