Easy Blogging and IE

We have ran into a snag on one of our projects.

When you use the theme customizer in IE7,8,9,10 it works just fine, however the moment you enable Easy Blogging and click on customize theme the entire left nav of the customizer is gone, and everything is broken looking.

First thing I thought was, well obviously our theme is getting in the way, so I undid our theme and used just default twenty-twelve. Same issue. Everything else in easy blogging looks great, it's just the theme customizer that gets broken. And it only happens in IE, every other browser looks fine.

Thoughts?

• aecnu

Greetings forthgear,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Easy Blogging plugin

I tried to replicate the issue as shown in my screen shot below using IE 9 but cannot.

However, according to our system you are behind a significant update in your installation and my test is using version 3.3

Please update at your earliest convenience and let me know if the issue persists.

Cheer, Joe

• forthgear

Joe,

You are still viewing the incorrect area i'm discussing. Wordpress has a Theme Customizer built in that allows you to modify different variables of a site, visually and on the fly. You are viewing the widget areas (default customize theme link) that easy blogging has built in to it. I'm talking about customize-theme.php, since you do not have a link to it on your installation. Try going to manage themes on your layout, and then click on customize on one of the themes. Then let me know if it replicates for you. Attached is a screenshot of what I get every time.

We do not update plugins just to update, this is a rather large project and things "could" break. I try to start out small and see if you can replicate it first since this is a live website.

I attached a couple screenshots....

Untitled-1.jpg is when i view theme-customize.php from just wordpress

Untitled-2.jpg is when i view theme-customize.php while easyblogging is enabled and activated/forced on the account.

• aecnu

Greetings forthgear,

Thank you for the additional clarification and of course the screen shots as well, they are both greatly appreciated.

Thank you for pointing out that I am indeed checking the wrong area ... lol

Now I have gone into it again testing and found that I do get two different screens between Firefox and IE9

I am hoping they fixed this in IE10 though I have not upgraded to IE10 yet.

In any event, though the customizer appears somewhat normal in my testing with IE9 the graphics are indeed missing as shown in my screen shot below - it just gives placeholders.

On a side note, though I am not sure we are working with the same web site but our system indicate that you are not keeping up with the updates using version 3.2.5 and should be using version 3.3
    Changelog:
    - Fix for post-3.3.3 Pro Sites integration.
    - Added Admin footer add-on.
    - Added Admin toolbar redirection add-on.
    - Added Small switch button add-on.
    - Added Toolbar switch link add-on.

Due to the fact I can replicate strange behavior when using IE9 and I have the update, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate this on my Windows test machine (Win7/IE9), neither on my local installs, nor on Joe's test install (the images issue happened outside the Easy mode too). Can I please ask you to check if your page is in proper IE document mode, and if your browser is in proper mode (e.g. IE9 should be in IE9 browser mode, document mode should be IE9 standards). You can check this in developer tools (F12). Also, can you please check if your domain somehow got into compatibility view whitelist - this can be done by opening up Compatibility View settings under the "Tools" menu?

• aecnu

Greetings forthgear,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.