Easy Blogging - better selectivity of menu items

Hello,

Downloaded EasyBlogging for my clients. Love the interface. However I have a plugin called LayerSlider WP and another Testimonials plugin that Easy Blogging hides the menu for. I find no method in the Easy Blogging settings to selectively enable those plugin menu headings.

Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks.

Jay

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jay,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

Glad you love the interface :slight_smile:

I went to test this; however, it seems that the LayerSlider is a premium plugin so I don't have access to it. Which testimonials plugin are you using that isn't showing up?

Another option, if you grant support access via your dashboard, then I can take a closer look. WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant support.

If the testimonial plugin you're using is a free plugin then I can install it on my own installation and take a closer look. Either way works for me :slight_smile:

Look forward to your reply!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Jay
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Tyler,

That's kind of you to offer. However this would be a continual pattern when I added 'the next plugin' and it inserted an admin menu heading.

So although your offer is tempting, it won't work given the ongoing adds to differing client sites.

What I would hope for is an option to 'turn on or off' all plugin menu headings and I can then decide which ones I want using something like this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/selectively-disable-theme-inserted-menu-items#post-698305

Jay

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Jay, I hope you're well today!

Unfortunately this is not supported out of the box...
    I have however moved this post to the features and suggestions area, and also notified our Second Level Support (they're the code gurus).
    Perhaps this can be done using conditional actions that check if the plugin in question is activated or not.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Just a thought, but perhaps the "Manage menu items" add-on can help with this situation? Activating this add-on will add a new item to your "Easy Blogging" admin menu entry labeled "Menu items", where you can manage exactly what goes into your menu. While it may not be a single-click or automatic solution like you mentioned, it will still give you full control over your Easy Blogging menu. Perhaps that's something that can help with your scenario?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Mark!

The Manage Menu Items add-on is actually built right into Easy Blogging - you can see it via Easy Blogging > Add-ons > Manage Menu Items :slight_smile:

Then, as Ve mentioned above, a new menu under Easy Blogging will show up called "Menu Items" where you can customize what items show and don't show as well as the order of the items.

Hope that helps! As usual, if you have other questions just let us know :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. I feel like you may ask if this is editable on per-site basis and it isn't at this time; however, it is editable per user role!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.