[Easy Blogging] Bug: Big issues remaining in 3.1.1. (Menu Items and Wizard Mode)

Remaining issues I still notice after the upgrade:

MENU ITEMS

– Adding menu items in the settings screen does not work; will actually not display them in Easy Mode

– Adding an Icon to the new menu item does not work; will not display the icon on the Settings screen

Please note that the process of adding icons is not very intuitive. Please enable users to enter the icon URL directly. Note also that the overlay which appears when clicking the Choose Icon link shows on the From URL tab a “Video URL” which is confusing…

WIZARD MODE

– Step button labels on the Wizard Mode screen menu show overlapped due to conflicting CSS. Issue is hard to reproduce consistently since I think it depends on the order in which the browser ends up processing the CSS instructions. Details in separate thread at https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/easy-blogging-bug-quirks-and-overlaps-in-display-of-step-titles-in-wizard-mode

• Tracy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I tried EasyBlogging yesterday and noticed the overlapping in Wizard mode as well using Safari (fwiw) and some other bizarre behavior behavior where the wizard would get caught in a redirect loop and some other strange stuff.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi guys,

We’re still having a look in that prior thread regarding the wizard. The developers have been notified and will get that sorted shortly.

@strategerizer, I can’t seem to replicate the issues you mentioned with the Menu item Add-on though. The menu items I’ve created seem work with no issues. Perhaps you’ve specified a capability that’s causing it not to work?

Could you maybe get us a screenshot of the settings you’re using for the items?

Thanks,

David

• Strategerizer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

First of all I just found out my user error on an important aspect. After I added my custom button, I missed that by default it is HIDDEN and I need to check the checkbox to have it SHOW. Sorry! (maybe feature request to have ti show by default?)

The icon though still does not show… maybe I am not taking the correct steps…

Attached screenshots of steps I take.

Add fields for new menu item and click Choose Icon link (would have been easier if I could just enter the icon file URL somehwere…:wink: :

The From URL tab shows “Video URL”…

Go to the Media Library and select an icon that I have previously uploaded to the media library then click Insert into Post:

You can see the icon is not found – broken image displayed:

Save changes and icon again does not display…

Going through this in detail with screen captures at least I was able to see my error that I needed to also check the checkbox for the newly added menu item before it will show.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

• Strategerizer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

I just got some time to test the suggested fixes. One solved, one issue remaining.

SOLVED

Indeed I did need to click File URL button before clicking Insert into Post. This now works as expected. Thanks!

REMAINING ISSUE

The Wizard Mode display issue remains.

FEATURE REQUEST

Ability to have the menu items launch in a new window. This will enable us to launch some other web page without having it replace the current one, which replaces also the wizard! (Ideally we would like the external page to load in a frame on the right but that may be more difficult to implement)

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I’ve just responded to your thread on the Wizard Mode issue – apologies for the delay on that one. We’ll continue troubleshooting that, specifically, on the other thread.

As to the feature request, I think an iframe loading of the menu items is a bit much… but perhaps loading a menu item in a separate/new window would be possible. Would you mind writing that up in a new feature request thread? We can then gauge whether it’s something other members are looking for and notify the developer if it proves to be something in high demand.

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Thanks Strategerizer, the developer should be along shortly to have a look at the wizard issue and your request. My apologies though if I missed alerting the developer on the wizard thread. I thought for sure I did but I may have missed doing so. We’ll look into that thread though.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.