Easy Blogging Conditional Menu Item Based on Theme Activated

Hi Team,

IS there an ETA of when Easy Blogging will have the ability to only Display a menu item if a certain theme is active? Eg Display Theme 1's Settings URL menu item when Theme 1 is active. Theme 2's Settings URL menu item when Theme 2 is active.

I see this has been talked about on some posts a year ago so im wondering if it has a date to be released?

I wont to activate a few more themes but they all have different settings URL's :slight_frown: So my users are stuck using 1 theme for now :slight_frown:

• aecnu

Greetings jlowandco,

Thank you for the great question in which I am not sure what you are referring to since one can change the theme to what they want within Easy Blogging.

Have you turned on the Easy Blogging add-on Manage menu items by any chance? i.e. logged into the network admin dashboard got to --> Easy Blogging --> Add-ons --> Manage menu items --> Activate

You should then be able to find the Manage Themes menu selection which allows one to change the theme.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• jlowandco

Hi Joe,

Every theme has a backend configuration menu and depending who makes the theme there is no standard on what URL they use to configure the theme.

If i have 10 themes, i would need 10 menu items calledTheme settings and 9 of them wouldn't work.

Eg... https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/need-a-conditional-menu-options-for-easy-blogging

Going through the posts people have been needing this for over a year, and one post even mentioned it would be released in a few months, so i want to know when this is due as i want to create a blog network using multiple themes and easy blogging and i need users to be able to configure the theme..

Eg. One theme i use theme settings are at "/admin.php?page=theme-options.php" yet another theme I use has the theme settings at /admin.php?page=mysite-options

I would need to add both of those pages to the menu and 1 of them would be useless since they arent using that theme.

• aecnu

Greetings jlowandco,

Thank you for your additional input which is greatly appreciated.

Every theme has a backend configuration menu and depending who makes the theme there is no standard on what URL they use to configure the theme.

Isn't that the absolute truth and do you have any suggestions on how this is supposed to be dealt with since each theme developer goes willy nilly with how they create the menu choices, positions, and options?

If i have 10 themes, i would need 10 menu items calledTheme settings and 9 of them wouldn't work.

This is absolutely not good.

I would need to add both of those pages to the menu and 1 of them would be useless since they arent using that theme.

Agreed though I certainly do not have a solution for this mess that obviously theme developers have created but plugin coders are expected to deal with. As I mentioned in the past many times that for the most part theme developers do not give a rats patooty on whether they have hooks or anything else in their themes, just sales and then it is the consumers problem. make it pretty, sell it and then the rest is their problem.

However, I did in fact notice that there is a add on item for the theme customizer and though I have not tested it creating the menu selection I think that a "themes" choice and then comes the links for theme options etc on the theme selection page.

Am I missing something here?

Regarding what the lead developer has in mind to expand this I have no idea.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

Seeing as how the themes can include pretty much random URLs, as you said yourself, this isn't something we can easily take care of on a global level. However, in the context of your site/network, this can be done relatively easily with a little bit of custom code. The plugin exposes all the menu items it lists in a hook, a filter named "wdeb_menu_items". The function bound to this hook will accept (and is expected to return) a single array of menu items. If you think this approach might work for you, I'd be happy to help you with the details.

• aecnu

Greetings jlowandco,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.