Easy Blogging conflict with JQuery UI datepicker.

I love Easy Blogging but it's conflicting with another great plugin called AJDE Events.
http://codecanyon.net/item/ajde-event-calendar-wp-plugin/1211017

When I want to create a new event, the datepicker doesn't show up, and the Toggle button doesn't work.

Seems like something's up with the JQuery. I disabled the Easy Blogging scripts, css and folders one by one to see if there was some kind of conflict, but no luck.

I noticed two other similar threads about this issue but can't seem to resolve my own. Can you reproduce the problem and take a quick look at it? Let me know if you need files, code or screenshots. Thanks!

• PC

Hello David,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I will be glad to take this to our lead developer for his feedback if you can please send me the plugin files so that I can try it out on my lab site.

You can send that as an attachment to our email address contact at wpmudev dot org and mark the email to my attention.

Also include a link to this thread so that I can track it down.

Cheers, PC

• david_dang

Hi Pranaya,
    Thanks for looking into this. I can rule out the theme and browsers, so I will check for plugins conflict.

I am using WPMU's Blog Templates on my multi-site and network activated all the plugins.

Out of Three of the sites, they all use the same Theme, and all have the same plugins network activated, same admin user, same Easy Blogging settings.

However, ONE of them, actually has the Datepicker WORKING in Easy Blogging.

Very peculiar, but I will investigate further and let you know my findings/marked as Resolved.

Thanks for your help so far! I have a huge spark of hope in me.

• david_dang

HI PC,
    Looks like I've narrowed it down to the plugin casuing the conflict.. It is a surprisingly super simple plugin called Wordpress Donation Goals:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/donate-goal/

They added some scripts to the admin head that was interfering with the others. I foundout by deleting the wp_print_scripts lines in the following code:

add_filter('admin_head','donation_goal_tinymce');

function donation_goal_tinymce() {
    	wp_admin_css('thickbox');
    	wp_print_scripts('jquery-ui-core');
    	wp_print_scripts('jquery-ui-tabs');
    	wp_print_scripts('post');
    	wp_print_scripts('editor');
    	add_thickbox();
    	wp_print_scripts('media-upload');
    	if (function_exists('wp_tiny_mce')) wp_tiny_mce();
    // use the if condition because this function doesn't exist in version prior to 2.7
    }

Only by deleting ALL of the scripts above can I get it to work in Easy Blogging.

Thanks for your help, I will mark this as resolved, since I have identified the culprit.

However, for education purposes, I was wondering if you knew off the top of your head how to avoid such problems, in case another plugin does the same thing? Any insight on this conflict would be great, but if it's too complicated, don't worry about it.

Thanks so much!

• PC

Hiya,

thanks for posting back and letting me know that its working fine after deactivating the culprit.

However, for education purposes, I was wondering if you knew off the top of your head how to avoid such problems, in case another plugin does the same thing? Any insight on this conflict would be great, but if it's too complicated, don't worry about it.

The best way is, install the plugins one by one. Install a plugin, configure it and make sure everything is working fine, take a backup and move to the next plugin :slight_smile:

I have also attached a screenshot which you can use to narrow down issues like this.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.