Easy Blogging Custom Logo Not Working

Greetings. I have Easy Blogging installed in Network mode and everything looks right on the primary domain including the custom logo. When I go to a site within the Network, I see just an "image" box that is empty.

When I examine the source and look at the image source notation, I see it is generically referencing /files/wdeb/filename which is not appropriate in a Network as the given network site will try to grab the image from within its own /files/ location.

To me, it would be logical that the image should be stored in a universal location.

Also, just a note, I have my *main* site functioning as site /1/ in the blogs.dir folder.

I've included images to try and demonstrate the problem.

Thanks for your help!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi ultimatewph

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thank you for being a member!

Ok, if I understand it correctly, you have set up a network, so WordPress Multisite and you've created your network with sub-directories.

Have you tried to network deactivate the Easy Blogging Plugin and setting it up for each site within the network individually? Did it make any difference?

What is really strange for me is that the image is saved in /files/wdeb/filename. It would be good to have a look at your setup and investigate it further. If you would like me to have a look, you can send your login/ access details on our Contact Sheet, for my attention (GinaB).

Also, what other plugins do you have activated and which version of WordPress and BuddyPress?

Well, I look forward to receive your feedback and to try and resolve this issue for you.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• ultimatewph

Thanks GinaB.

* No, I had not tried to deactivate it and activate it for each site individually. To me that would defeat the purpose of the plugin being automated as a part of the network. However, for laughs and giggles I went ahead and tried it. Didn't work. Which, candidly makes sense when you think about it. After all, the plugin is referencing the logo location as sitesdomain.com/files/wdeb/logoname.png. Regardless of whether it is network activated or individually activated - that doesn't change the underlying code or how the code is mapping to the file location.

* To me, it would make sense to have the uploaded logo stored somewhere within the plugin itself or in a central location within wp-content, not within the blogs.dir directory. As I mentioned, I *do* have my primary site being stored under the blogs.dir directory instead of in the generic default location. I wouldn't think this would be an issue and has never caused a problem with any other plugins since it is a standard supported feature of WordPress but perhaps the code isn't set up to handle that? I don't know.

* As for current versions - everything is up to date - so WP 3.3.1. All plugins updated. I do have a number of plugins installed and available to the network, though not many are activated on the test sites. However, I've been very careful in the selection process of plugins. Furthermore, there's no reason for a 3rd party plugin to change the logo location for this plugin and all of the other features of this plugin appear to be working fine - the only issue is the logo location being hardcoded to the given site's URL / Files directory rather than being in a central location.

* NOTE: I did try to delete the logos from the main site's /files/wdeb/logoname.png where they are stored with the hopes that the plugin would resort to using the standard images. I was then going to just replace the images there - but there's no "reset" available for Easy Blogging settings and it is insisting on referencing the uploaded logos even when none are there.

* As for access - what do you need access to so that I can accommodate you appropriately.

• ultimatewph

Quick update - I have found *no* way to "reset" the plugin to reference the included logo instead of the uploaded one so that I could just overwrite the included logo file.

I have:
    * Used Clean Options to wipe all settings
    * Deactivated & deleted plugin
    * Deleted the entire wdeb directory from blogs.dir/1/files/

The *ONLY* way I've found to get the logo to properly show is to copy the wdeb directory into each of the underlying blog directories - which is a royal pain in the neck and ***not*** something I want to have to maintain across hundreds of sites.

If you can tell me how to "reset" the plugin to default settings so that I can just replace the included logo file, that would be great. Even better would be an update that changes how the logo files are referenced. :smiley:

Thanks.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @ultimatewph

Just a quick note to say that we haven't forgotten about you. I haven't been able to find a solution for this, so I'm awaiting feedback from the Developer. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I will follow up with the Developer again. In the meantime, if you did manage to solve the problem, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your patience. I will be in touch shortly.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• aecnu

Greetings andersonwebsites and Alice,

Though I do not have a solution for ultimatewph at this time, as I was just checking aging tickets, but for your folks solution or rather issue is that the top admin bar is covering part of your logo.

This needs to be taken into account for your folks specific configuration since it is flawless on mine but i do not have the top admin bar activated so it comes out beautiful and not covered by it.

Suggestions?

Disable the bar like I have or put enough space at the top of your logo to move it down into full view.

Please advise if this works out for you two.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings ultimatewph,

I think the key to getting your logo back on track is to find where in the database the info about Easy Blogging is being kept, then deactivating the plugin, delete the Easy Blogging database entries, then let them recreate themselves when it is reactivated restoring the original logo.

I have went through a good part of the database myself looking for the reference to Easy Blogging and I have not found it to date.

The lead developer should be available sometime next week and I hope that either he comes in here and gives the advice/advise what is needed to basically reset this, or to tell me where the data is stored so that I may help you get this resolved.

Look forward to either posting what data to remove from the database or the lead developers direct input to this issue.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings ultimatewph,

Just checking to see if you perhaps were able to reset your Easy Blogging?

@andersonwebsites it appears that the lead developer has not yet had the opportunity to make an appearance here yet and offering his valuable advice/advise concerning the issues n this ticket.

I personally do not have any problem with the logo nor alignment because I changed and overwrote the original graphic and I do not allow the top admin bar so alignment appears perfect.

Hopefully Ve will back in shortly.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

As for the original issue, changing upload paths in such way is not exactly a standard WP feature as there are quite a few hoops to jump through - in this particular case, I believe the issue is in the "Upload Url Path" setting that needs some tweaking. As for the image placement issues, the original image has some padding added as well, so adding some padding to your images might help solve the issue. Resetting the logo to default is a great idea though, that's something that is definitely going into the next release.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.