[Easy Blogging] Feature Request: Ability to REMOVE "built-in" menu items

The main thrust of this request is that I am using a plugin which provides users with a tree list view of their pages or posts. So, I need to have My Posts and My Pages menu items direct to a different URL, showing that view instead of the default WordPress grid list.

I suggest either the ability to edit the built-in menu items -or- to delete them and then I can simply add my own that would replace the default.

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Strategerizer,

Just checking on this, are you aware of the Menu items Add-on in the latest version? I assumed so because of your prior post though I'm not quite sure as it does essentially what you're asking here.

It's available at Easy Blogging > Add-ons and once activated, it opens a new menu item at Easy Blogging > Menu items.

Have you looked into that one?

-David

• Strategerizer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi DavidM,

I do have the latest version of the plugin and it looks like issues at both ends. 1) there is no way to delete or modify a "built-in" menu button and 2) the functionality to add a custom button is currently broken.

This is a feature request for #1 and I opened a bug report post for #2.

Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Strategerizer,

That's correct, you can't modify the built-in menus, but could easily disable them by unticking them and then replicating them. Mostly, it's just a matter of copying the url being used for them.

Being unable to edit those built-in items also ensures you won't lose those default items ever. Are you sure you'd like to be able to edit them?

-David

• Strategerizer
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

David, you are right. I just missed the "show" checkbox - "oops", sorry!

Given this, I do not think editing the default items is needed (particularly if screwing up and not being able to reset the defaults).

Hiding them and then adding my own custom ones and being able to re-order them will do most of what I wanted - including being able to replace the dashboard icon - in a simple enough way.

So the remaining issue preventing me from doing this is the bug (reported in the other thread) of not being able to successfully assign an icon to my custom button.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.